IGNORED

Disney buys Lucasfilm

Rubin Farr

Yeah, that's a good idea,caravan is good on it's own, but seen back to back with the battle for endor, the experience is so magnificent we really need a third film to set this up as the epic trilogy it always deserved to be.

Flol, just read the wiki pages, both are written by George Lucas, the assclown.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.... Jar-Jar binks isn't dead, he actually might be in the new movies!

Wait, did they say that? I would have thought based on how old he was (an adult Gungan) in the prequels, by the time this 3rd trilogy comes around (set 30 years after the second trilogy), he would have been too old an died of old age. How old are Gungans supposed to live?

They have a life span of around 65 years.,,, checking Wookieepedia... Jar-Jar was born in 52 BBY. So yes, he's DEAD for sure! Unless they fuck up with the canon.

:music::ok::yeah::trap:

they should do a prequel to caravan of courage

http://youtu.be/HenB3gt6SAY

Caravan of courage and that other Ewoks movie happens 3 ABY (yes it's kinda weird), so the movie happens as Luke is training on Dagobah.

What's weird is that the Death Star II is actually being built during that time, but we never see this nor do we see Imperial presence on the planet.

Well.... Jar-Jar binks isn't dead, he actually might be in the new movies!

Wait, did they say that? I would have thought based on how old he was (an adult Gungan) in the prequels, by the time this 3rd trilogy comes around (set 30 years after the second trilogy), he would have been too old an died of old age. How old are Gungans supposed to live?

They have a life span of around 65 years.,,, checking Wookieepedia... Jar-Jar was born in 52 BBY. So yes, he's DEAD for sure! Unless they fuck up with the canon.

:music::ok::yeah::trap:

they should do a prequel to caravan of courage

http://youtu.be/HenB3gt6SAY

Caravan of courage and that other Ewoks movie happens 3 ABY (yes it's kinda weird), so the movie happens as Luke is training on Dagobah.

What's weird is that the Death Star II is actually being built during that time, but we never see this nor do we see Imperial presence on the planet.

Well, if they were just starting to build it might not have been in orbit around Endor yet - didn't they build the first Death Star in some galactic shipyard and then move it into orbit? That, or it was so early on there was no need for a shield generator on Endor's surface to protect it.

so, did all my star wardreams come true? i've not been following closely but it sounded like disney was going to launch with the elders from the original films? did everyone sign on? i remember when little me wanted nothing more then to see luke one more time and then i heard about the terrible accident, i was devastated. if luke and han and leia work this out i will frǝak

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so Chewie isn't dead. It seems they're just gonna chuck the Expanded Universe down the toilet. I know a lot of people with bookshelves full of Star Wars & Star Trek books that will be happy to start a bonfire on Bob Iger's front yard. This is gonna get messy.

https://movies.yahoo.com/news/star-wars-episode-vii-adds-peter-mayhew-chewbacca-050000993.html

Yes, because their expansion of the universe will be soo much better than the existing one.

not that i care either way as i haven't invested time in reading the books, played the tabletop RPG a couple of times many moons ago. But it's pretty certain that the new version won't be as good as the old one. [-; heh.

Ok, so Chewie isn't dead. It seems they're just gonna chuck the Expanded Universe down the toilet. I know a lot of people with bookshelves full of Star Wars & Star Trek books that will be happy to start a bonfire on Bob Iger's front yard. This is gonna get messy.

https://movies.yahoo.com/news/star-wars-episode-vii-adds-peter-mayhew-chewbacca-050000993.html

IIRC Chewie didn't die right on the day after ROTJ, more like 20 years after... Not sure when the new trilogy is going to be set, but it wouldnt' be the first time they fuck with EU material that was actually considered canon back in the day.

IIRC Chewie didn't die right on the day after ROTJ, more like 20 years after... Not sure when the new trilogy is going to be set, but it wouldnt' be the first time they fuck with EU material that was actually considered canon back in the day.

Chewie died in the New Jedi Order series set 26 years after ROTJ, Episode VII is set more than 30 years after ROTJ. Lucasfilm also has a new division whose entire responsibility is basically retconing the EU to determine what stays and what goes.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lucasfilm_Story_Group

• 2 weeks later...

do you mean endor? i thought that was a moon (although it orbits a gas giant also called endor)

what-the-fuuuu-25.jpg

If they'd left the glasses on it would have added character despite the lack of fur, not to mention it's not that great a shuup. Nevertheless i am sure that he counts his blessings for that great head of hair.

Well, it's official: The new movies disregard the Expanded Universe canon entirely, so don't expect any mentions of Mara Jade or any other EU favourites...

Probably for the best, there was some nice things, but most of it was just awful crap.

Well, it's official: The new movies disregard the Expanded Universe canon entirely, so don't expect any mentions of Mara Jade or any other EU favourites...

What's weird is that the spin off movies and shows (Star Wars: Rebels) will, according to Simon Kinberg who is involved with the spin offs, take inspiration from all things Star Wars - including EU.

I don't know anymore. They can do whatever the fuck they want.

149tsus.jpg

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

I have to be honest, that looks kinda sexy.

It will probably end in tears, though. There's just way too much hype surrounding this, and way too much money invested, too, for it to be groundbreaking. I'll probably end up watching it, but through other sources.

149tsus.jpg

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Where's Kenny Baker? Poor guy already being made to get in the R2-D2 costume this early? FFS...

I will probably lose all reasonable doubt, get all giddy, go watch the premiere and end up being shat on for two hours.

149tsus.jpg

Where's Kenny Baker? Poor guy already being made to get in the R2-D2 costume this early? FFS...

Well they gave him a nice crate to lurk in. Prime spot behind Ford and the director too.

Archived