IGNORED

I Could Listen To Stone In Focus Forever

Mellow U

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hilarious to scrap over song titles. Also hilarious that in 2014 there are people who think ambient tracks don't need or deserve names?

Thread in focus.

And anyway, back to the track, one of the reasons I find it so engaging is because it constantly shifts in tempo, and that is definitely harder to notice unless you're paying close attention to the metronome/clock sound in the back. So weird and alien, yet so effectively calming and sad too.

cuz the brown pressings sound like shit and are more common than the regular black pressings which actually sound good!

oooooooooooookay! thanks for the information, i forgot that pressings sound less better than the black pressings... understood why this price...

:happy:

Sorry to sound like a n00b here, but how can I purchase an electronic copy of this legally? Bleep doesn't have it, nor does iTunes. I keep listening to it on youtube, but I want my own copy for listening when I don't have an Internet connection.

Most definitely worthy of experiencing outside of YouTube.

Uncertain if there is a proper digital option at this time, you could however purchase “Excursions in Ambience 3: Third Dimension” on CD and rip into your library. May be the most economical route. Some copies are reasonable on amazon or discogs.

you and everyone else in here :music:

get the excursions in ambience cd if you don't have a proper copy.

Thanks for the tip, guys. Actually, back in the day, I bought EIA2 and EIA4, since that was the only way for me to find out about new artists (pre-Internet connection for my household in the mid-90s). I learned about Locust that way, and there was a really good Orb side project called Schizophrenia, if I remember correctly. Anyway, time to track down EIA3.

Yeah, thanks for the heads up. I just couldn't help myself, I had to have it. Now I have the whole SAW II set complete :)!

Yeah, thanks for the heads up. I just couldn't help myself, I had to have it. Now I have the whole SAW II set complete :)!

that's cooooool! i must be glad! :spiteful:

• 5 months later...

Warp needs to do a proper vinyl reissue of S.A.W II with this and "Hankie".

Couldn't resist picking up the 1972 version at my local record shop recently and it's a bit of a tease as there are clicks and pops on parts of certain tracks as well as straight up distortion in other areas. Such a classic album, I can't fathom why Warp has not reissued this yet. It would sell like hot cakes.

• 10 months later...

I really wish people would stop calling these tracks by these made up names... it's #19, not "stone in focus".

Giving these tracks names/descriptions only serve to limit their interpretation. That's why Richard didn't name them to begin with.

How do you feel about Richard publishing alternate versions of rhubarb under the name rhubarb?

• 4 months later...

Archived