IGNORED

Vaporwave

Nebraska

asia is 300% more vaporwave than other continents.

i heard west africa's going all vaporwave too. supposed to be 700% more than anywhere else. :D

fl20130219wwb.jpg

Don't know if this was posted yet... but here it is. http://cachemonet.com/

Mindblowing, who does the track playing in the background?

its amazeballs whatever it is

Good post. Shenmue invented 80s nostalgia. It's a uniquely japanese phenomenon.

Seriously, all most people are doing is trying to recreate shenmue. Will always be a defining piece of art for me. Nothing has come close to that 86 in 99 feeling.

Seriously, all most people are doing is trying to recreate shenmue. Will always be a defining piece of art for me. Nothing has come close to that 86 in 99 feeling.

Yeah, I've been thinking about Shenmue a lot! So far I've only come to the conclusion that I should investigate what Japan was like in the 80's and what happened afterwards, but I don't really have the tools to do it, so anything I come up with falls short. It really is the pinnacle of the Sega aesthetic, though, which is another good topic and ties in with vapour.

Edited by poblequadrat

Just put together this vapory trailer for our album release... excited to share it with you.. the music playing in it is an instrumental from our album:

Thanks!

Cheers!

Edited by Lane Visitor

Yeah, I've been thinking about Shenmue a lot! So far I've only come to the conclusion that I should investigate what Japan was like in the 80's and what happened afterwards, but I don't really have the tools to do it, so anything I come up with falls short. It really is the pinnacle of the Sega aesthetic, though, which is another good topic and ties in with vapour.

The You arcade. Talk about it.

What happened afterwards is Japanese animators made some of the best anime/video matter of all time in the form of pre 96 anime.

gorgeous. you made this?

YEAH

Nice cars Lane

The You arcade. Talk about it.

What happened afterwards is Japanese animators made some of the best anime/video matter of all time in the form of pre 96 anime.

gorgeous. you made this?

YEAH

Nice cars Lane

Thanks man!

http://soundcloud.com/cv-slime-800/heliumcoin

2014 PRESS RELEASE:
Surprising Enterprises is proud to introduce Helium-coin, the latest virtual-value exchange platform. Helium-coin replaces the peer-to-peer concept with cloud-to-cloud technology. Cloud-to-cloud enables you to source your purchasing decisions from a range of subscription services designed by life-style curators. Instead of a traditional digital wallet, your Helium-coins are stored in ever expanding digital balloons. New coins are mined by buying. Every time you make a purchase with an approved vendor, a unique block-ribbon is created so that your balloons are replenished. Hoarding of Helium-coins is dis-incentivised through the concept of buoyancy. A digital balloon that is not used for purchases at least once a week loses value. The buoyancy rate is tied to the Consumer Confidence Index. Inactive balloons lose more value when confidence is low. Therefore spending is encouraged when the economy needs stimulus. Another advantage of the Helium-coin exchange platform is that your digital balloons can be securely accessed by virtual-currency trading firms while you simultaneously spend them.

Guest ncbladesjr

I was actually looking this up on YouTube and saw that someone made a mix and put that one aphex album cover on it. It has the windows symbol at the top.

What are the best vaporwave albums to come after macplus, contemp sapporo, eccojams,mmediafired?

I only really know those ones,mand reca

poppy stuff, Saint Pepsi

hyper corporate stuff, Internet Club and all his aliases (I like Monument XIII) http://internetclubdotcom.angelfire.com/

While far less informed myself, I really like Team Jordann's Champion LP

http://teammjordann.bandcamp.com/releases

This project Torn Hawk (keep meaning to start a thread for his work) is promising...kinda bridges the gap of more dirty lo-fi 80s era VHS Head samples with unabashed vaporwave-esque melodies

bro you're no less informed than me at this point I'm sure. Torn Hawk is pretty sweet though.

Side note, in an odd sequence of events, Jono Mi Lo aka Daytime Television aka Team Jordann ended up posting a jpeg of this thread on his Facebook wall in response to No Pomo (formerly glass plates I think?) insulting him which was in it of itself a response to something I said.

this post actually:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/76672-vaporwave/?p=1920896

What are the best vaporwave albums to come after macplus, contemp sapporo, eccojams,mmediafired?

I only really know those ones,mand reca

poppy stuff, Saint Pepsi

hyper corporate stuff, Internet Club and all his aliases (I like Monument XIII) http://internetclubdotcom.angelfire.com/

Saint Pepsi 4 the win. Edited by GRVGLTCHR

bro you're no less informed than me at this point I'm sure. Torn Hawk is pretty sweet though.

Side note, in an odd sequence of events, Jono Mi Lo aka Daytime Television aka Team Jordann ended up posting a jpeg of this thread on his Facebook wall in response to No Pomo (formerly glass plates I think?) insulting him which was in it of itself a response to something I said.

this post actually:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/76672-vaporwave/?p=1920896

Sounds juicy. Give us a screen shot.

some drama in the works...

...well I mean confused, awkward quasi-drama is manifesting itself from what's likely a misunderstanding

Edited by joshuatx