IGNORED

Vaporwave

Nebraska

I'm very excited about this, really have been trying hard not to post it before it came out, and here it is:

Posted from my Facebook post:

So guys, here it is.. This is crazy. Jazz Trumpeter Mac Gollehon (Bowie, Duran Duran, Blondie, Chic, etc) and his label got a hold of me, wanting an official remix for his new album... IN THE STYLE OF VAPORWAVE. So I took him on. No compromising... I gave him a classic vape meets latin late night lo-fi with dark muzak touches. All original production. Accepted. Album released today via True Groove Records out of NYC. The guy who played JAZZ trumpet all over the 80s / new wave super-hits that vaporwave is inspired by just went full-on vapor with the help of Donovan Hikaru's David Ben Jack alias. For anyone that said vapor is dead or dying is having the last laugh. Real shit y'all. Hope you enjoy! And would love to hear your thoughts!

Noice 8)

I'm very excited about this, really have been trying hard not to post it before it came out, and here it is:

Posted from my Facebook post:

So guys, here it is.. This is crazy. Jazz Trumpeter Mac Gollehon (Bowie, Duran Duran, Blondie, Chic, etc) and his label got a hold of me, wanting an official remix for his new album... IN THE STYLE OF VAPORWAVE. So I took him on. No compromising... I gave him a classic vape meets latin late night lo-fi with dark muzak touches. All original production. Accepted. Album released today via True Groove Records out of NYC. The guy who played JAZZ trumpet all over the 80s / new wave super-hits that vaporwave is inspired by just went full-on vapor with the help of Donovan Hikaru's David Ben Jack alias. For anyone that said vapor is dead or dying is having the last laugh. Real shit y'all. Hope you enjoy! And would love to hear your thoughts!

Noice 8)

Thanks my friend, glad you're digging it!

• 2 weeks later...

p.s. here's one of the trailers for his new album "Human Story 3":

is it me or are you guys also getting mad far side virtual vibes from this??

esp @ :04 - :16

makes me happy. :beer::w00t::music:

Im totally going to pretend that Human Story 3 is the 3rd part of a series starting with Condo Pets, then FSV, now this...

new ferraro, new aphex, new 2814, new banshee possibly, man 2k16 is going to finish out incredibly

Edited by Lane Visitor

p.s. do you guys think rdj and james ferraro know each other or are fond of each other's work? i would love to see a collab b/t them in some fashion.

Edited by Lane Visitor

Holy shit, that's incredible! Please send on my congratulations to Mr. Hikaru and his friend David. Amazing stuff.

Thanks purlieu! :D

p.s. video from Ludamage + press release coming soon

i would say james is at least aware of aphex, and i wouldn't be surprised if he was a big influence. as for rich, i'm never sure if he has his finger on the pulse of what's happening on the net..

yeah good point, and youre prob right. im sure rdj has prob heard of ferraro before, given that he performed at primavera and has been critically acclaimed, but may not necessarily have heard his music.

imagine the fusion of styles from far side virtual and syro. #rdjferraro2k17

yeah that would be pretty cool. i can imagine rich spent a lot of his time avoiding those cliched synth sounds as they were just boring before people found ways to use them in a cool hip post ironic way. so i wonder what his thoughts are on people being obsessed with the sorts of kitschy stock music synth tones that would have been very unhip in his days back in the 90s

Haha totally! I kinda thought the same thing a few times. With his usage of digital warping though and all his abilities with FM synthesis, I almost feel like Rich might have also figured why toy with digital preset stock sounds when he can create whole new worlds so easily? Then again, there is something charming in itself about stock sounds and midi.. Actually, come to think of it, his Melodies From Mars unreleased lp is probably more vaporwave than anything in the genre :D

yeah that would be pretty cool. i can imagine rich spent a lot of his time avoiding those cliched synth sounds as they were just boring before people found ways to use them in a cool hip post ironic way. so i wonder what his thoughts are on people being obsessed with the sorts of kitschy stock music synth tones that would have been very unhip in his days back in the 90s

Haha totally! I kinda thought the same thing a few times. With his usage of digital warping though and all his abilities with FM synthesis, I almost feel like Rich might have also figured why toy with digital preset stock sounds when he can create whole new worlds so easily? Then again, there is something charming in itself about stock sounds and midi.. Actually, come to think of it, his Melodies From Mars unreleased lp is probably more vaporwave than anything in the genre :D

agreed, I would think RDJ is in to sounds and tones as sounds per se, not because of the ironic connotations

Edited by Dorian Mode

agreed, I would think RDJ is in to sounds and tones as sounds per se, not because of the ironic connotations

Exactly... Sometimes there's a fine line though :) I think i started to like cheesy music after the ironic aspect but then developed an actual love for the tones haha

Speaking of which...

a1489572514_16.jpg

https://adhesivesounds.bandcamp.com/album/business-travel-bonanza-deluxe

Out now! Tapes already sold out, but you can still cop the digital ver.

This is essentially the classic DH LP "Business Travel Bonanza" with an additional BoNuS Companion EP

"It's My Company... I Can Fly If I Want To"

in addition to several Business Travel Bonanza remixes and outtakes!

• 3 weeks later...

so i just got the opportunity (shot at) to remix a major label artist, and for the post-chorus instrumental break, I'm totally using an early 90s cheezo vocal-choir-synth sound that you would hear from a prismcorp virtual enterprises / blank banshee track :emotawesomepm9:

Edited by Lane Visitor

^ cool lane ,

hey u probly ejnoy theez SAW 2 vapormixes from ohio's corporate disaster's '孤独' : https://corporatedisaster.bandcamp.com/album/--7

& his telepath rmx collection : https://corporatedisaster.bandcamp.com/album/--8

N0haYzT.gif

so i just got the opportunity (shot at) to remix a major label artist, and for the post-chorus instrumental break, I'm totally using an early 90s cheezo vocal-choir-synth sound that you would hear from a prismcorp virtual enterprises / blank banshee track :emotawesomepm9:

i looove the sounds of vox / choir on romplers. it's such a lush sound. yet another congrats, sounds like you've had some good ops recently ma dude

thanks guys! If it ends up getting released I'll definitely share it here. It's funny I sought out to make a pretty straightforward dance pop / nu-disco / house remix, and it ended up having some of those elements.

ohhh god.. track 1 on that vapor saw release is LUSH. damn, this is perfect. thank you for this link. (even though i feel like vaporizing aphex "against the rules" lol

edit: and YES rompers are fun for that stuff.. love my emu orbit 9090 romper.. that's the synth i used for this track (although i ended up using the sound font version instead as its easier to grab, and I'm not the best keyboard player without being able to fix and space notes. but I've captured the orbit 9090 via my mic preamp and converter, and it definitely has more of a 3d sound coming in, could be cuz of my pretty solid mic pre, but yeah man can't beat those dedicated DACs inside of 90s synths, and the slight output noise and all that jazz. everything little aspect makes a difference.

Edited by Lane Visitor