IGNORED

Squarepusher is the worst musician any sane person could ever listen to

Guest Adam

Some jerk just posted a squarepusher track on facebook and I listened like half of it and it reminded me how horrible squarepusher actually is. It's like even if you try to make horrible music you will never make anything as bad as squarepusher, no fucking way. Even venetian snares is better, even when you know how he looks. FUUUUUUU.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sometimes i think maybe you are right there, adam. i mean, it's easy to fall into that trap of thinking something is 'good', but how do you really 'KNOW' it is?

how can any of us, how can we know that we are not all just a 'bunch of fools'?

and i'm sorry, but as 'crazy' as this squarepusher stuff is, when you just really break it down and look at it, it seems like it might be a good candidate for something that's really just a bunch of 'malarkey'.

now i just don't know what to think.

thanks adam, you've opened my eyes. to what, i don't yet know, but at least now i know that they were closed.

MisterE, signing off.

i am always pleased to meet similar people at parties, like when i'm drinking pbr and they tell me they "love" aphex twin + boards of canada. but "oh Squarepusher" who they don't really listen to except they know his name for some reason and actually think some of his music is really "annoying" or "like most of his stuff sucks but he has 1 or 2 good songs." i learned a lot from those conversations and stopped listening to Hard Normal Daddy and Go Plastic which I was starting to (stupidly) think were better documents of the era than anything AE or Aphex did

5110XS5DW6L.jpg

in the end, it's funkless, man. i mean, really. where's the funk?

seeing you guys openly 'discuss' this topic just really solidifies it for me. i'm quite sure of it now.

this squarepusher guy has bamboozled us 'all'. and by 'all', i mean some of us probably were in on it, and knew all along. i'm not going to say which uses. but some uses probably knew all along that this stuff really wasn't that 'hot'. i think some people just like stirring stuff up. or maybe they had money in squarepusher stocks. i'm going to go burn all of my idms just to be safe.

Archived