IGNORED

Is an Exai tour coming?

futureimage

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably, since they had one for Oversteps and Quaristice, but wait a little bit, since they just announced the album.

I'm sure there will be a tour, but for Oversteps they didn't include the US, they toured Australia though which i believe was something they didn't do for the previous 2 albums.

Probably, since they had one for Oversteps and Quaristice, but wait a little bit, since they just announced the album.

I'm sure there will be a tour, but for Oversteps they didn't include the US, they toured Australia though which i believe was something they didn't do for the previous 2 albums.

Not since 1994 if my sources are correct!

I really hope they come back again; last time was fucking amazing.

Not since 1994 if my sources are correct!

I really hope they come back again; last time was fucking amazing.

They toured a few North America dates for the Quaristice tour in 2008.

I remember I was particularly gutted because they came to Seattle, but played a 21+ show at Neumos, and I was only 19 at the time :cry:

Guest Lucy Faringold
touring is where bands make money. if they need money, they'll tour.

and chances are, they need money.

I doubt that they're doing badly tbh. They sell a lot of records, bearing in mind the kind of music they make. I remember someone with Soundscan access posted their US sales figures a couple years ago and they were surprisingly high.

I doubt that they're doing badly tbh. They sell a lot of records, bearing in mind the kind of music they make. I remember someone with Soundscan access posted their US sales figures a couple years ago and they were surprisingly high.

of course...i don't doubt that they do too badly with record sales; especially with a back catalog always available like they have and new fans every day, i'm sure there's a little money from that...however my understanding is that most bands really don't make money from record sales; especially on the larger labels (and really, is there a larger label that markets this type of music than Warp?). i'm not an insider or anything of the sort however, and i'm going off information that comes from rock music sources (just interviews and such) so there's sure to be discrepancies.

Guest pixelives

Warps sales are 50/50 split with the artist and you'd be surprised how well Warp Publishing can do for artists especially with recurring uses like The BBC, etc...

Anyway I heard that the US will be a part of the next round of touring.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Sean said that all the money made on tour goes to fund the tour, they make money through one-off performances at festivals where they're likely to be one of the main acts. They tour because they enjoy it. They only perform to rooms of around 300 people don't they?

^ Many of the Oversteps UK venues were rather small indeed, hope they continue that theme with any future tours. They headlined the Overkill stage of Bloc festival at the start of the tour which was quite a big space, and then finished up with the London warehouse party which must have held 800+ people, dunno I was wasted...

Keep an eye on the littlebig website though...

Autechre have announced they will release a new album entitled Exai in March 2013 via Warp Records. And before y’all ask… they are currently not booking live shows.. dont call us, we’ll call you!!…

In other news... fuck yeah... new fuck buttons!

I'd be really pleased if they came to NYC again. I missed them in '08, but the '05 untilted show is in my top 3 live experiences ever. Pitch black confusion beats.

I was at that show at Webster Hall too. Seems like forever ago, but hands down the best live show I have ever been too!

don't they always tour every album after its release?

they will at least play some gigs in the UK... and probably Europe, too, no doubt.

innit.

Not Draft. I think the shows they did for Confield were really sparse too. Not sure about LP5 either.

they definitely did an LP5 tour - there's a tour poster which shows that they played in my hometown (Harlow, Essex)

I wonder what kind of set-up they're gonna have...Something like THIS maybe?

Probably MBP with those silver controllers (name escapes me even though my buddy used to have one) and maybe NL2x again but I somehow doubt it.

Not Draft. I think the shows they did for Confield were really sparse too. Not sure about LP5 either.

they definitely did an LP5 tour - there's a tour poster which shows that they played in my hometown (Harlow, Essex)

Ah, cool. I didn't hear any sets from that time period that included LP5 material, although there were some with Cichlisuite material like the Vancouver Palladium club one from 1998, which I love.

no they did a big old (at least UK) tour around the Confield-era, if I remember rightly. Team Doyobi were supporting them, I fink...

Archived