IGNORED

Is an Exai tour coming?

futureimage

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To those who said it's quick to ask just after the album announcement, I started this thread mainly to ask if anyone had any advance info - I think before Quaristice some of the live shows of the Quari tour had been booked before the album was announced. But if their own booking agency is saying they aren't taking bookings YET, I guess a tour's coming but maybe not imminently. Still MEGA EXCITE. Third Autechre show will be as awesome as first and second Autechre shows. Yes.

Guest Balance
I've only seen them once in the over tour, someone changed their minds about going with me to the quar tour so I didn't go and I regret it very much.

Just went on my own to the over one, it was great but I wish I hadn't listened to the mp3s of other over gigs before going.

I hope they do an exai tour anyway, hopefully they do make money off it though, I'd like them to have huge sacks of money.

Guest bitroast
Probably, since they had one for Oversteps and Quaristice, but wait a little bit, since they just announced the album.

I'm sure there will be a tour, but for Oversteps they didn't include the US, they toured Australia though which i believe was something they didn't do for the previous 2 albums.

Not since 1994 if my sources are correct!

I really hope they come back again; last time was fucking amazing.

seconded!!

Guest bitroast

i want to see autechre a second time more than i want to see other acts. autechre live is just about the pinnacle of 'good' electronic music.

i want to see autechre a second time more than i want to see other acts. autechre live is just about the pinnacle of 'good' electronic music.

They're the only ones i want to see in live in EM world.

Saw them in 2005 supported by Pita and Earth at Koko as part of a Russel Haswell curated thing and saw them for the Oversteps tour in a quite unpleasant 'rave' venue with the usual overpriced drinks (even for a gig), overly suspicious & aggressive bouncers and rancid portaloos.

There was also the first time I attempted to see them on the Untilted tour when broke, alone and ill and discovered they weren't on until after midnight. Meaning I would not be able to get home by train, didn't have the money for a cab and didn't fancy sending the night walking the wet streets of London. So ended up leaving in time to catch the train after speaking to Rob and buying a poster and t-shirt.

But I don't like to think about that too often....makes me cringe and feel a bit queasy.

Don't get me wrong, it was really awesome.

It made up for the first fail for sure.

But because it was gonna be the first time I saw them when it didn't happen I still look back at my younger self and go "idiot!"

Thought about possible support for an Exai tour - Grischa Lichtenberger would be off the scale of Aewsome completely.

That would be LUSH.

I do not think they would go for it however. Generally completely contrasting sounds / uneasiness is the order of the day?

Thought about possible support for an Exai tour - Grischa Lichtenberger would be off the scale of Aewsome completely.

That would be LUSH.

I do not think they would go for it however. Generally completely contrasting sounds / uneasiness is the order of the day?

We are talking about the same Autechre that had SND on their Quari tour!

That wasn't a question. I'm saying that if they'll have SND along (I know they're mates anyway) then surely they'd have Grischa along, provided they like his stuff.

And fuck ae if they don't like Grischa. I'm done with them cunts.

Archived