IGNORED

the tuss - mug bass 12 09 06

guidewire

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ahh that track, the first version on myspace was just 45 seconds long, years later the longer version has been reposted. still love the fake tuss tracks, all of them, love love love. This one has the ludd shuffle, but I ve been wrong so many times with guessing.. ludd are you going to play various vegetables again one day ? i missed that one...

I still think it has a RDJ confidence to it that the others don't. There is also that vocal cutup near the end that seems to trigger recognition from one of his DJ sets or something....

the bargain stinker stuff had me wondering as well.

I still think it has a RDJ confidence to it that the others don't. There is also that vocal cutup near the end that seems to trigger recognition from one of his DJ sets or something....

yeah, you guys just aren't listening are you... oh well, believe whatever the fuck you like.

The Half-Whole Scale is hinted at (one of RDJ's faves).

Ooh, could you elaborate on this, please? Are you saying that RDJ often writes in an octatonic scale? I vaguely remember Nina suggesting to me a while back that On sounded like it might be pentatonic (although I may well be misremembering that). Does he experiment with different types of scale often? And is this (or, rather, could it be construed to be) an elaborate way of avoiding chords, do you think? It seemed to be a long time until he tried those out, all things considered, after he'd already worked out a lot of things that probably seem more esoteric to most people.

I only ever analysed the harmonies of one of his tracks, [Parallel Stripes]. It turns out it's in the key of B major, which is surprisingly orthodox for that album.

(I'd love to analyse some other people's music with this sort of level of scrutiny. I'm listening to a lot of Dubnobasswithmyheadman era Underworld right now, and it's fascinating to see their tracks and records evolve, especially as distant remixes end up being key album tracks. There's a lot of good recycling and composting going on there.)

Guest skibby

the bargain stinker stuff had me wondering as well.

yeah, you guys just aren't listening are you... oh well, believe whatever the fuck you like.

i dont believe much of anything really

• 2 years later...

That one is likely legit because it came from a Myspace page that had other actual Tuss tracks before they became Tuss tracks (as well as a Syro track).

i love the fake tuss tracks. there are alot, i found over 50. fanny flap 10b, rushup boris 37, and tuss licker are my favorites right now

The name hooked me, so I took a guess what TUSS LICKER was (a prime Tuss track reimagined through tone deaf Windowlicker ears). I listened, was disappointed at just a mash-up. The disappointment made me realize though...in the world of 'fakes' I guessed right. I win yaaaaaay

Archived