IGNORED

POST IDM

YEK

idm isn't dead.

But I suppose if there is such a thing as post-idm it would probably be Keith Fullerton Whitman's Occlusions material.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pznEPffAyGQ

Funny I'd been meaning to post in this thread about this sorta stuff. There's like a whole scene building with kfw, bee mask, ben vida, raglani and others goin around with portable modular synths doin shows and stuff. And it feels like the music builds off of some things going on in idm but also dealin with the shift in the music industry toward live performance. Some really good stuff there. But yeah I guess occlusions would be the most "post-idm" sorta thing cause he gets almost neurotic about avoiding repetition and it still finds a way in (currently waiting on the live occlusions 3 and 4 to show up, the sample on mimaroglu music sales sounded really great and possibly even closer to a sorta idm-y thing, I am excited).

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

idm isn't dead.

But I suppose if there is such a thing as post-idm it would probably be Keith Fullerton Whitman's Occlusions material.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pznEPffAyGQ

Funny I'd been meaning to post in this thread about this sorta stuff. There's like a whole scene building with kfw, bee mask, ben vida, raglani and others goin around with portable modular synths doin shows and stuff. And it feels like the music builds off of some things going on in idm but also dealin with the shift in the music industry toward live performance. Some really good stuff there. But yeah I guess occlusions would be the most "post-idm" sorta thing cause he gets almost neurotic about avoiding repetition and it still finds a way in (currently waiting on the live occlusions 3 and 4 to show up, the sample on mimaroglu music sales sounded really great and possibly even closer to a sorta idm-y thing, I am excited).

is this keith-modular-guy suppose to represent a post-lately-big genre with an electronic music from 1960ies?

amaranth_bssso is you? Yah- pretty fucking good.

Okay, fine- my old ass personal entriez into the POST IDM elite club:

[sc5]69021966[/sc5]

[sc5]69023934[/sc5]

Archived