IGNORED

Autechre Sample Origins Thread

triachus

• 6 months later...

This is pretty obvious, so it must be like ultrajazz classics of yesterday and ever, but Key Nell 4 and Cichli must be related in some way.

P.S.: there's a bit in the Merzbow track where there are two beats in short succession and that sounds very similar to the bouncing ball effect of Rsdio...

(sorry for necroing, I just thought this thread was worth refloating!)

This is pretty obvious, so it must be like ultrajazz classics of yesterday and ever, but Key Nell 4 and Cichli must be related in some way.

P.S.: there's a bit in the Merzbow track where there are two beats in short succession and that sounds very similar to the bouncing ball effect of Rsdio...

yes i remember this, was it you who pointed out the merzbow similarity? They were supposed to a remix of just the eco bondadge track but i wouldn't be surprised if they just pulled other good sounds from parts of his other catalog

yes i remember this, was it you who pointed out the merzbow similarity? They were supposed to a remix of just the eco bondadge track but i wouldn't be surprised if they just pulled other good sounds from parts of his other catalog

ahem

read the OP >:|

>:|

btw not many people here believe me, not even whosampled.com

yay for poble <3

• 1 year later...

[/url]

At 0:23

Sean was in chatmm the other day and I asked him about this

Me: Sean, were you guys ever aware that you got sampled in a ZZ Top track?

Sean Ae: yeah we wondered if we could get money for that but were told 'no because its just rhythm and anyway no who are you again'

it was their guy the producer, i think they just showed up and he was like 'hey check out this cool beat i made' so they didnt know, i dont hold it against the beards

• 4 weeks later...

Lol wtf how did I not know about that ZZ Top sample thing. That's funny, partly because I had no clue ZZ Top did anything not Texas-style blues-rock.

Sent using magic space waves

Archived