IGNORED

Wanted: Analogue Bubblebath 5 (serious buyer)

eh Speedy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...

I recently bought my copy of AB5 for £450.00 so i'm just wondering how many of them were pressed?

Did you buy from that Russian guy?

The old discography (not Discogs) numbers used to say there were 50.

I wonder why they pressed up so many? 50 seems like quite a lot for a test pressing, unless they were planning on using it as a promo item before it came out.

I wonder why they pressed up so many? 50 seems like quite a lot for a test pressing, unless they were planning on using it as a promo item before it came out.

I could be totally wrong here but I remember reading that a few copies of AB5 were given away at a Rephlex party in the 90's? Could've been I even read that on the old watmms, but then you would've known. In any case they had a nice pile left in 2005 with the Analord binder delays.

I recently bought my copy of AB5 for £450.00 so i'm just wondering how many of them were pressed?

Yes, i did. Well, i bought it from him instead of that other guy selling it for £7,000.00.

Yes, i did. Well, i bought it from him instead of that other guy selling it for £7,000.00.

Have you actually received it yet? I was afraid to buy. I made one simple inquiry (not even about the price) and he offered it to me for £400 instead of the posted £500. And then he had no sales history. I passed, and then I think you bought it the next day.

Have you actually received it yet? I was afraid to buy. I made one simple inquiry (not even about the price) and he offered it to me for £400 instead of the posted £500. And then he had no sales history. I passed, and then I think you bought it the next day.

No, i haven't received it yet, but that's because some misunderstandings with the payment that we figured out later on. But yeah, i was a little skeptical as well but i took the shot anyways. He told me he would ship it a few days later after receiving my payment.

Yeah I was tempted too, but Russian Federation with no feedback scared the crap out of me. Best of luck. Damn thing just needs a widespread release, look what it's done to us.

HA! I know. We're so racist. :emotawesomepm9:

No, i haven't received it yet, but that's because some misunderstandings with the payment that we figured out later on. But yeah, i was a little skeptical as well but i took the shot anyways. He told me he would ship it a few days later after receiving my payment.

Anything yet man? Got my fingers crossed for you.

Anything yet man? Got my fingers crossed for you.

F*cking hell, man. I received a message from Discogs yesterday regarding the seller claiming he might be a fraudulent seller, it scared the crap out of me.

The item status was changed to "Cancelled (Item Unavailable)" so i contacted the seller and asked which site i am supposed to use the tracking number on

which i received on the 31st of July and he said it's russianpost.ru. The site said "no data currently available" so i guess i'll just have to wait and see what happens from now.

F*cking hell, man. I received a message from Discogs yesterday regarding the seller claiming he might be a fraudulent seller, it scared the crap out of me.

The item status was changed to "Cancelled (Item Unavailable)" so i contacted the seller and asked which site i am supposed to use the tracking number on

which i received on the 31st of July and he said it's russianpost.ru. The site said "no data currently available" so i guess i'll just have to wait and see what happens from now.

You better be trolling

• 3 months later...

Minor bump, there are now two copies up for sale on discogs. one for 7.500 pounds, another for €12,500...

Weird thing is that both mention that there were only 20 copies pressed up (I remember there were more?). Besides that, the first one (the 7.500 quid one) had this in his description:

Comments: [VP - 000] 1/25 Copies exists - This Sale Is Approved By AFX Himself

That comment has now been deleted and replaced with: "Rare Aphex LP - 1 of 20 copies" - edit: the seller is the guy from the Vinyl Pimp actually! Interesting...

P.S. - I'm wondering how that Russian transaction with Chalybs above turned out in the end!

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

One on Ebay too. New listing and already sitting at £365.55

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNRELEASED-APHEX-TWIN-VINYL-TEST-PRESSING-ANALOGUE-BUBBLEBATH-5-CAT-034-LP-AFX-/151509377209

Analogue Bubblebath 5, the unreleased LP from AFX, aka Richard D. James - Minor use in Very Good Plus (Almost Near Mint), no warp.

This copy belongs to a very good friend of AFX, who has approved this sale, it is a rare gem both musically and in terms of collectability.

Vinyl has been professionally cleaned with Clear Audio Matrix and is in VG+ condition. It has some light marks and they do not affect play.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

One on Ebay too. New listing and already sitting at £365.55

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNRELEASED-APHEX-TWIN-VINYL-TEST-PRESSING-ANALOGUE-BUBBLEBATH-5-CAT-034-LP-AFX-/151509377209

Analogue Bubblebath 5, the unreleased LP from AFX, aka Richard D. James - Minor use in Very Good Plus (Almost Near Mint), no warp.

This copy belongs to a very good friend of AFX, who has approved this sale, it is a rare gem both musically and in terms of collectability.

Vinyl has been professionally cleaned with Clear Audio Matrix and is in VG+ condition. It has some light marks and they do not affect play.

Ah bit slow sorry, this is the one that's on Discogs for £7500 (Djdtl). Will be interesting to see what this ends up going for

Archived