IGNORED

New track (?) from Hungarian Acid Party video

Friendly Foil

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like fucking garbage, those drums... those synths... ughhhhhhh, I think it's about time he learned to program those machines. He's way past his prime (self titled, acid quakers, 2003 period basically), what he does now is hipster music, nothing of value. If someone handled me a bunch of unreleased Ceephax tracks I wouldn't give a shit, I would probably be as excited as if someone gave me a bunch of paper clips. He seems like a cool guy and all but he's getting lazier and lazier with the music.

Sounds like fucking garbage, those drums... those synths... ughhhhhhh, I think it's about time he learned to program those machines. He's way past his prime (self titled, acid quakers, 2003 period basically), what he does now is hipster music, nothing of value. If someone handled me a bunch of unreleased Ceephax tracks I wouldn't give a shit, I would probably be as excited as if someone gave me a bunch of paper clips. He seems like a cool guy and all but he's getting lazier and lazier with the music.

You're wrong.

pretty much. i mean the guy is very talented, very creative and very funny, but the shit he comes up with these days is pretty, well, shitty. i guess he likes having fun most of all, but quality suffers. who doesn't make shit music these days anyway? it's pretty much the current cultural consensus it seems lol

Yes I understand vasio's point.

Sometimes I think he wants to do the shitty stuff you hear.. Like puting 2st 303 without effects.

Emotinium II, Squarepusher - Ceephax mix, Vulcan Venture and stuff from the self titled album.. That was the shit!

sorry you feel that way

sorry you feel that way

EOD vol.1 or Ceephax vol.1

Pick one and be honest... EOD case close and I haven't even listened or particularly like EOD but compared to the pisstake that is Vol 1 and 2 it gets my pick by default.

Ceephax is like the guy that carries the joke for too long, he needs to freshen up his sound, it's neither here nor there.

Near complete unbroken version of the Hungary track at the Bratislava gig..... STOMPING.

Vasio.... this is what Ceephax does..brilliantly...... end of story

Different tastes and all but that sounds like complete garbage to me, can't stand that shit. It's like Amiga music but without the charm or quality of the past composers. Also If you're using a 303 for anything other than basslines I don't want to hear it.

Comparing different amiga "composers" as if their work is some sort of high-art movement, isn't that kind of missing the point? Not to mention the 303 fundamentalism, hahaha.

Anyway, I too think Ceephax is brilliant. I admire how passionate your negativity is though, haha.

Well, what do you consider to be some of his best works?

I quite enjoy a lot of the tracks on Volume 1 and 2. Exidy Tours is nearly flawless, and United Acid Emirates, while pretty different from his usual stuff, contains one amazing track after the other.

His stuff has always been pretty videogame-y in a way, but I love that stuff. He's a master at melodies imo.

sorry you feel that way

EOD vol.1 or Ceephax vol.1

Pick one and be honest... EOD case close and I haven't even listened or particularly like EOD but compared to the pisstake that is Vol 1 and 2 it gets my pick by default.

Ceephax is like the guy that carries the joke for too long, he needs to freshen up his sound, it's neither here nor there.

hardcore raver? are you fucking serious?? EOD could never pull something like off

The quality is shitty but this track is really nice as well ! I was supposed to go to that gig but had to cancell because of work :/

The poster of the video mentions a spring release in the comments, don't know how reliable this is.

That track is in here too. Right at the start

https://soundcloud.com/mixmag-1/scene-selection-planet-mu

Ah ! That's why it sounded so familiar to me. For some reason I remembered this soundcloud track as having a slightly different melody. Thanks for making the connection anyway

Well, what do you consider to be some of his best works?

I quite enjoy a lot of the tracks on Volume 1 and 2. Exidy Tours is nearly flawless, and United Acid Emirates, while pretty different from his usual stuff, contains one amazing track after the other.

His stuff has always been pretty videogame-y in a way, but I love that stuff. He's a master at melodies imo.

That's what I'm saying, you guys are acting out like all tracks are bangers when they're not, just because they're kitsch or joke tracks doesn't mean you can't criticize them. Old albums and early (proper) acid EP's are still better than than anything he came up with in recent times, including United Acid Emirates which I found very forgettable despite having better production.

Hardcore Raver is one of the worse tracks I've ever heard, still hate it.

Hopefully the new album sounds fresh.

Archived