IGNORED

Arovane is back?

azatoth

I've never heard of him before and I'm really liking his style! I don't get the 'rip off' comparisons to Autechre. Sounds like an assumption made after having listened to him for 10 seconds.

Yeah, I think it's just in the sound design, really. His melodic content is lush as fuck imo.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the chance to go to Hong Kong for 2 weeks last year (my first time in Asia). I listened to a lot of Arovane while there. It seemed to fit so well. Crazy metropolis with beautiful looming green hills surrounding... it definitely called for some Arovane.

Nope, that's Thaem. One of my favorite tracks of his. It's on the Plnt EP on the FFWD label, and was reprised to devastating effect on his epic Atol Scrap album as Thaem Nue.

Guest murphythecat8

Nope, that's Thaem. One of my favorite tracks of his. It's on the Plnt EP on the FFWD label, and was reprised to devastating effect on his epic Atol Scrap album as Thaem Nue.

agreed

true masterpiece!

Guest murphythecat8

That Plnt ep is aces too. I had all his stuff save that ep until a year ago

Always assumed that 2002 Icol Diston comp album compiled all his old stuff but didn't even think about non-Din tracks

I agree. I really like the rawness of his old stuff

thanks man :beer:

as a big Arovane fan this made my day.

damn i feel like i'm 20 again,

i've always though all hose IDM excitements were from the past.

those last months are incredible

• 2 weeks later...

Not much comes close to Driad from Cycliph for me. Such a beautiful sound.

just listened to that track a couple of times the last few days

I really fell in love with it :music:

Archived