IGNORED

Somerset Avenue Tracks

ilt17

• 1 month later...

Do you think this will get a digital release? With all the other µ-Ziq goodness coming I really want this. I have a very speciifc form of OCD when it comes to collecting music from the artists i admire/respect/love

Do you think this will get a digital release? With all the other µ-Ziq goodness coming I really want this. I have a very speciifc form of OCD when it comes to collecting music from the artists i admire/respect/love

I'm pretty sure he said it's vinyl exclusive but if it sold well there might be a cd release some years down the road.

I just don't get what the big problem would be with releasing a digital file, not just with this release but pretty much every release of music in general. Is it to make the people who buy the vinyl feel special, or is there some other marketing reason which is beyond my (limited) intellect?

I just don't get what the big problem would be with releasing a digital file, not just with this release but pretty much every release of music in general. Is it to make the people who buy the vinyl feel special, or is there some other marketing reason which is beyond my (limited) intellect?

You know... I honestly don't have an answer for that. I kind of wonder the reason myself!

i'm pretty sure they said this wil get a cd release later this year.

I'll be pleased if that's the case. In anticipation of the new album I've been revisiting his earlier work (and BOCs ofc). Just picked up the 2 disc version of Tango n Vectiff, as I only had one disc version before. He really was ahead of the game.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Papillon

I emailed Mike P to see if i could convince him to find me a vinyl version..... no dice. He did tell me the digital and cd will be available in August.

If anyone is willing to sell their vinyl, please msg me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

8.0 on pitchfork http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/18307-u-ziq-somerset-avenue-tracks-1992-1995/

great! but don't think i'm able to read further than the first paragraph though

It's actually an ok review after that, he praises the actual music and details in the tracks, including how forward-thinking it was. Also a reminder that this was made before the conveniences of DAW interfaces.

• 3 months later...

Just got my copy last friday!

What a beautiful gift Mike brings here to us, so what I already knew his back catalogue had to offer some gems, here's the confirmation. One could wonder why some of those tracks didn't replace some other on the early albums !?

Personal fav's at this time are surely Airto for surely being one of his first tracks to start his Lunatic Harness d'n'b era mid-end of 95, a small piece of history. Toy Gun #2 from Peel Sessions for being a better version of Metal Thing #1 at my taste and other very nice tracks such as Trail Quest or Spooky Tooth.

And I still have to listen to the 12 bonus Wav's !

Like what, already with Meast, Tango'n'Vectif bonus tracks + this album now, he had a shitload of releasable unreleased stuff, the mark of a great composer.

Important to note the top quality vinyl pressing too.

So thanks a lot Mike!

EDIT : At the moment I'm writing this, a copy is for sale on Discogs for 280$ ! Seriously is there someone being a fuckstick enough to fall in the trap ?!

Yeah you hear some artists say, "Oh we have thousands of tracks in our catalog that we haven't released....". blah blah blah This guy actually releases it. I think that backs it up. I don't believe it until I see it. Michael Paradinas is fookin mate.

• 3 months later...

just stopped in to say Vinxel is a great track

Came to do exactly the same thing, Vinxel is great although I really think he could have put a better drum beat on it, that would have really been the icing on the cake

I've found Mike is generally pretty shitty about drum beats on his earlier tracks made on tape, but the drums on Lunatic Harness and later are pretty good

• 5 months later...

Cruising through to say I just got the 2CD set in the post and this is some lush stuff. Sounds as if it could have been made in the last few years, not nearly 20(!).

Can we get a release like this every year? Please, Mike?

• 3 years later...

Archived