IGNORED

Favourite "On" remix?

chenGOD

Guest Coalbucket PI

28 is great but I don't think its an On remix. µ-ziq mix is my favourite

Guest thisket

The 28 mix didn't have to be a remix. It was just really great.

Not to say the others weren't, but it was the most appreciated track for me.

The 28mix of course - that was the first Aphex track I had looping on the old joyrex.com site (version 3).

the 28Mix was actually a SAWII session leftover track. I reckon the "28" comes from it being track 28 in the SAWII series of tracks he did.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sleep
The 28mix of course - that was the first Aphex track I had looping on the old joyrex.com site (version 3).

That was actually what caused me to track down On Remixes. I kept hearing that song on your site and needed to have it.

• 2 weeks later...

the 28Mix was actually a SAWII session leftover track. I reckon the "28" comes from it being track 28 in the SAWII series of tracks he did.

Well then where's tracks 26 and 27?

• 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...
Sorry to resurrect this ancient thread, but I wanted to question this persistent theory that the "28 Mix" is the 28th track from the SAWII sessions; has there ever been any "official" confirmation of this?

I also see a lot of comments saying it bears no relation to the original "On", but I disagree; you can faintly hear the piano melody in the background starting from about 1:39. It is clearly just a very ambient remix of the original, with some elements slowed down drastically and drowned with reverb.

I reckon the "28" comes from some technical aspect of the mix (reverb depth, tempo etc.) rather than any tenuous relation with the SAWII tracklist. Any thoughts?

Archived