IGNORED

irlite (get 0)

syd syside

I feel like irlite and bladelores are two sides of the same coin somehow. In my mind, they've always been partly related in their instrumentation or structure or something. Anyone else feel this way?

now that you say i do

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like irlite and bladelores are two sides of the same coin somehow. In my mind, they've always been partly related in their instrumentation or structure or something. Anyone else feel this way?

Hmm... Both start with a theme for about 4 1/2 minutes, then go quiet, get a little darker, and vary on the beginning theme? That's what I'm hearing.

• 2 months later...
Guest SeniorMuffins87

It's obviously a train.

Yes! First time I listened to this album, I said to myself, that is clearly a train. It's so train-like that I've been wondering every time I hear it if there is any way to prove that it was intentional.

So I googled irlite to see what else is out there, and there is an app called IRLITE that searches for the nearest light trail train (for some municipality). This pretty much seals it up in my mind that it is intentionally a train track (pun intended).

One of the best examples of how brilliant this band is. The idea that something as abstract as Autechre's music can still immediately conjure up such a vivid and clear mental image just blows me away.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived