Guest mrgerbik

just piping in to say:

1. I've seen each episode of TP probably 20-30 times. love em all except for some of the dumb b-stories in the latter half of season two (while Lynch was away making Wild at Heart).

2. the pilot is one of the best things to ever grace television. same with the last episode.

3. FWWM is brilliant as well, but totally different. The ending sequence with Laura crying while Coop consoles her, angel floating above them, camera slowly pulling out as it dissolves to white noise... is utterly beautiful.

4. while seriously interested in the 2016 ressurection of TP on Showtime, I'm wary and a little nervous. I don't want them to fuck with the mythology. please don't fuck this up, Mr. Lynch.

I'm currently rewatching the blurays. Mid way through season 2, James has just rode off (after blaming himself and Donna for everyone dying lol) to that woman's house. I remember how soul destroying this sub plot was, I've been warning my flatmates about it (their first time watching through).

Really looking forward to watching FWWM with all the missing pieces back in there.

Guest Roksen Creek

I really didn't like the second season apart from the first and last episodes. So many garbage subplots.

First season is amazing obviously.

please don't fuck this up, Mr. Lynch.

guess how many rocks first...

http://youtu.be/FLel0MOEdZc

I dunno. Part of me thinks he has been mulling this over for 25 years. I doubt very much it will be fucked up, but I am concerned that modern effects will look out of place (no CGI plz)

laura palmer will be back in 2016

you know what would be really lynchie? if they had shot enough footage to make up a season in anticipation that they'd be picked up, and it's just a matter of editing those scenes with new scenes shot to account for the "see you in 25 years"

Twin-Peaks-GIF-1.gif

Edited by Nebraska

laura palmer will be back in 2016

you know what would be really lynchie? if they had shot enough footage to make up a season in anticipation that they'd be picked up, and it's just a matter of editing those scenes with new scenes shot to account for the "see you in 25 years"

Twin-Peaks-GIF-1.gif

That's kinda what I was thinking. Lynch has said that there is lots of footage that never got used, so could be used as lots of flashback type stuff. Maybe time will be more fluid in the new Twin Peaks.

Guest bitroast

no! season 1, then season 2, then FWWM.

FWWM will make no sense without watching the series first

Edited by bitroast

And after FWWM, watch the series again, because there are plenty references in the series to stuff happening in FWWM which you'll only get after having watched ...etc

enjoy ;D

It doesn't make much more sense after either

the whole thing amounts to - David Lynch's son stole the fucking creamed corn. The midget wanted his creamed corn back. BOB got him some other creamed corn.

clearly a potent metaphor expressing the consequences of having offspring.

Guest bitroast

It doesn't make much more sense after either

the whole thing amounts to - David Lynch's son stole the fucking creamed corn. The midget wanted his creamed corn back. BOB got him some other creamed corn.

clearly a potent metaphor expressing the consequences of having offspring.

.. I clearly did not understand the film AT ALL