^ I have Floating Into The Night on cassette, found it before I had seen the show at a thrift store.

Always wanted a copy of "Diane..." The Twin Peaks Tapes Of Agent Cooper but the cassettes of those go for quite a lot.

The new reissue of the OST looks nice though, sucker for colored vinyl

^ I have Floating Into The Night on cassette, found it before I had seen the show at a thrift store.

Always wanted a copy of "Diane..." The Twin Peaks Tapes Of Agent Cooper but the cassettes of those go for quite a lot.

:orly:

A0er81c.jpg

A0er81c.jpg

I like how they could apparently afford to get Kyle to record the audio, but couldn't persuade him to have his photo taken.

A0er81c.jpg

I like how they could apparently afford to get Kyle to record the audio, but couldn't persuade him to have his photo taken.

It was probably easier to employ someone to illustrate him and print that copy than prep a dquality photocopy in color of Kyle talking into his tape recorder, assuming they could even get a photo session with him at the time. I can't think of a clear screenshot of him being used well. Logistics of such stuff was a lot harder back then. Getting him to record audio and editing it down was quite a job but likely easier.

Also this aesthetic fits well with other paperback style audiobooks in the early mid-90s, that was the market.

PS I am jelly but happy a watmm has a copy!

A0er81c.jpg

is there anything that you don't have? 

Star Wars and Indiana J had to use drawings on their covers because these cast were being diva's. They said ''we ain't doing a photoshoot, it's not in our contact'' add to that the fact the photographer was a bit of an egotistical wank who would only shoot only in b&w, eventually the producers said ''Fuck this, we're dealing with assholes. Use drawings''. Not an artistic choice at all. Purely monetary. Same thing with Stranger Things, Winona was holding out for more cash and being a diva. She said ''You need me for this photoshoot for the posters. Pay me. You don't have an image a screenshot of high enough quality to use, and stills photographers don't exist on sets. In 25 years when laptop geeks are overthinking this it's you who will have to justify why the image is low res or a drawing''

Guest bitroast

its a bit of both. the subplot goes for quite a while doesnt it and invades both good and bad territories.

i enjoyed it on my (first n only) viewing. some LOLs f sureee

Nadine just woke from her coma and has reverted to her 18 year old self.

One of the worst sub plots

Uh oh, this plot is some high-grade stilton.

tumblr_mgbj0pvmUR1re0c97o2_500.jpg

I liked the subplot 100x more than whatever the hell was going on with the Thomas Eckhardt conspiracy stuff post-Josie. I essentially stopped following that one by the end of the season finale.

I liked the subplot 100x more than whatever the hell was going on with the Thomas Eckhardt conspiracy stuff post-Josie. I essentially stopped following that one by the end of the season finale.

The majority of the subplots in season 2 are terrible. James and that woman? Wtf? Josie, Thomas Eckhardt, Lucy being pregnant, that mall guy and Andy trying to take care of a kid, Nadine being 18 years old... They're all terrible.

Season 2 starts out great, and then the murderer is revealed and it all goes downhill from there right until the very last episode which is a masterpiece.

I liked the subplot 100x more than whatever the hell was going on with the Thomas Eckhardt conspiracy stuff post-Josie. I essentially stopped following that one by the end of the season finale.

The majority of the subplots in season 2 are terrible. James and that woman? Wtf? Josie, Thomas Eckhardt, Lucy being pregnant, that mall guy and Andy trying to take care of a kid, Nadine being 18 years old... They're all terrible.

Season 2 starts out great, and then the murderer is revealed and it all goes downhill from there right until the very last episode which is a masterpiece.

I mean, I do get you (especially the James running away subplot), but you do realise Twin Peaks was meant to pastiche soap operas, right?

It can't really do that if it doesn't have over the top shitty subplots.

I mean, I do get you (especially the James running away subplot), but you do realise Twin Peaks was meant to pastiche soap operas, right?

Yeah Squee, I think it's just you who is hung up on those and not into kitsch.

Just you.

Just you.

Just you.

Just you.

8n0fOqD.gif

Just you.

Just you.

8n0fOqD.gif

But its a perfect setup for this

Edited by fletcher

• 1 month later...