IGNORED

Marvel Movies [formerly MCU]

Rubin Farr

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gary C

Ant-Man is the only good thing about Phase 2. Seriously.

Did anyone else catch that 20 second long piece of teaser footage? I don't think it's online any more, but it was good.

Edited by Gary C

Yeah the Test footage for Ant-Man was amazing. Test footage in the past has always been low budget but this test footage could have been pulled straight from the film is was that good. Edgar Wright can do no wrong... yet

im looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy, probably moreso than the new Star Wars movie. At least it will be an epic space alien movie with no shitty ties to the prequel trilogy with boring horribly characterized jedis who speak in monotone or whine.

I think it's a huge missed opportunity on Marvel's part to keep making solo hero movies before Avengers 2. Like why in the fuck can't Iron Man 3 be a buddy movie with Captain America? Or Thor 2 starring Hulk? It seems bizarre not to do that.

Really looking forward to Thor 2, I loved the first. My favourite pre Avengers movie easily. It has a good chance of being utter shit though.

im looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy, probably moreso than the new Star Wars movie. At least it will be an epic space alien movie with no shitty ties to the prequel trilogy with boring horribly characterized jedis who speak in monotone or whine.

I think it's a huge missed opportunity on Marvel's part to keep making solo hero movies before Avengers 2. Like why in the fuck can't Iron Man 3 be a buddy movie with Captain America? Or Thor 2 starring Hulk? It seems bizarre not to do that.

Cap 2 does feature the Falcon, which apart from Bucky was about as buddy cop as the comics got.

i mean characters that appeared in the most successful Marvel movie yet, the Avengers. It doesn't even make sense to me from a money perspective why they wouldn't team up characters from that movie in their respective 'solo' titles. I don't want to see another solo adventure of Iron Man or Captain America with a bunch of other side characters no one gives a fuck about after the Avengers

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zaphod

why do all these movies look the exact same? the comics don't. the movies should have different styles, color palettes, etc. and i agree with awepittance, why aren't the heroes teaming up for standalone films? seems like a giant waste not to.

Guest Frankie5fingers

after the atrocious second Fantastic Four you really want Silver Surfer in a stand alone? as for Dr. Strange, i really liked that animated movie they did a couple years back. And they plan on having him for live action during Phase 3 of the Marvel line-up. most likely just an appearance though. not his own movie.

Silver Surfer in a cosmic movie away from earth could be sick, think of all the space heroes he could hook up with. It won't happen though bc Marvel doesn't have the rights to FF related characters.

this is why disney shouldn't have bought star wars. as i keep moaning about. They already had a space opera called john carter. I wanted to see how that developed damnit !!

after the atrocious second Fantastic Four you really want Silver Surfer in a stand alone? as for Dr. Strange, i really liked that animated movie they did a couple years back. And they plan on having him for live action during Phase 3 of the Marvel line-up. most likely just an appearance though. not his own movie.

I used to like the idea of doctor strange, and the look. I'd rather see a mandrake the magician first though cause i met him before strange.

No one mentioned black panther yet. But he's a key figure that was going to get a run in the 3rd wave innit. Maybe in the 2nd avengers. (i don't think i could sit through another one.)

Guest abusivegeorge

I made a seperate thread for my content in this post http://forum.watmm.com/topic/78740-marvel-cinematic-universe/ but have been referred here also, might be of interest :-).

I've been researching recently into the latest Marvel comics movies and learnt something very interesting. Marvel Cinematic Universe is a relatively new franchise and they have only been going since 2007 with their first movie release in 2008 (Iron Man). This franchise has the comic book creators at the heart and they expressed distain at the X-men and Spiderman movies in particular being unhappy that they did not follow the Comic books close enough. One particular relationship being that between Gambit and Rogue who are desperately in love but cannot have a physical relationship due to Rogues mutation. They've only produced and released 7 movies the most recent being Iron Man 3. The other 6 are Iron Man 1 and 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers. However they are the 4th biggest grossing franchise of all time, even surpassing the Tolkien franchise (LOTR, The Hobbit).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films#Highest-grossing_franchises_and_film_series

It's been an interesting sunject for me lately because one of my closest friends father is John Higgins http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Higgins_%28comics%29 who was the colourist and part illustrator for "Watchmen" and he's worked woth Alan Moore (V for Vendetta, Watchmen, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Moore closely on a few projects. I am becoming increasingly fascinated with comic books and the realm of fantasy they bring.

Edited by abusivegeorge

I recently bought the first volume of Knights of Pendragon which was published by Marvel UK, has anyone here read it? I grew up with issues 6 & 7 which I always loved & freaked me out. Its a superhero comic (Captain Britain) but its not super hero comic at all, its basically a political & environmental story. Its absolutely superb and I highly recommend it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_of_Pendragon

I haven't read anything after 9 as the editor was fired for various reason, swearing at aimed at someone, red blood (instead of black), captain britain beating someone to death, not enough super heroes.

Also issue 6 cover is amazing (the guy who did it also did the excellent Batman VS Judge Dredd):

Pendragon_1-06-00f.JPG

edit: Forgot to say, imagine they made of a film of it!?

Edited by funkaholic