IGNORED

Marvel Movies [formerly MCU]

Rubin Farr

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So say you about excellent job, it was more of a film than ultron by a wide margin in the sense that it was actually a film with the basic mechanics of said thing, but was still quite tiresome.

Sucks that we've already reached the heroes fighting heroes era of comic book flix, what could have lower stakes than that?

heroes vs outer space! then heroes vs Death (I'm not kidding google Infinity Gauntlet)

• 3 weeks later...

holy cow Daredevil is awesome, i can't believe how good the writing is compared to the Avengers movies, which are crap. D'onofrio is really the star, a much better version of Kingpin than we ever got in the comics (and he basically looks like he did in Full Metal Jacket) he brings a damaged little boy to the role, more vulnerable than he ever was in the comics. Charlie Cox is pretty great too, they go for the damaged history here, everyone is a result of the abuse they suffered as a child. the fight scenes really shine, and make this the most violent of the MCU. i don't see how Kristin Ritter & Luke Cage will measure up to this, but we'll see...

[youtubehd]cIKecSNhRv8[/youtubehd]

holy cow Daredevil is awesome, i can't believe how good the writing is compared to the Avengers movies, which are crap. D'onofrio is really the star, a much better version of Kingpin than we ever got in the comics (and he basically looks like he did in Full Metal Jacket) he brings a damaged little boy to the role, more vulnerable than he ever was in the comics. Charlie Cox is pretty great too, they go for the damaged history here, everyone is a result of the abuse they suffered as a child. the fight scenes really shine, and make this the most violent of the MCU. i don't see how Kristin Ritter & Luke Cage will measure up to this, but we'll see...

[youtubehd]cIKecSNhRv8[/youtubehd]

I was surprised as well with how well written/acted Daredevil is as well. I didn't expect to like it at all really when I first started it but ended up watching the whole thing with my fiancé in about a week. It seems heavily inspired by Frank Miller's run. I think what helps the show over any of the movies is that it keeps the grit that it should have, they don't try to soften it up for wider audiences. It's definitely more adult focused and doesn't shy away from any violence or mature situation. It's a great superhero show! Really looking forward to the next season, which isn't something I can say about any of the movies.

Edited by ghOsty

Age of Ultron is so weird/bad in retrospect. I'm not even really a big fan of any of the marvel movies but it's pretty obvious Joss Whedon gave zero fucks when trying to attach Age of ultron to the vibe of any of the characters post-Avengers 1. Captain america especially seems like a caricature, almost every joke falls completely flat. The best parts of the movie were the dream sequences from scarlett witch.

Age of Ultron is so weird/bad in retrospect. I'm not even really a big fan of any of the marvel movies but it's pretty obvious Joss Whedon gave zero fucks when trying to attach Age of ultron to the vibe of any of the characters post-Avengers 1. Captain america especially seems like a caricature, almost every joke falls completely flat. The best parts of the movie were the dream sequences from scarlett witch.

The Avengers movies are really bad. They are totally uninteresting, nothing redeeming about them at all. Joss Whedon is a hack and can't direct for shit.

Jeez, even I'm getting burned out on how much crap they are throwing at us, and some of these will be crap.

Captain America: Civil War, May 6, 2016
Doctor Strange Nov. 6, 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, May 5, 2017
Spider-Man, July 28, 2017
Thor: Ragnarok, Nov. 3, 2017
Black Panther, Feb. 16, 2018
Avengers: Infinity War Part 1, May 4, 2018
Ant-Man and the Wasp, July 6, 2018
Captain Marvel, Nov. 2018
Avengers: Infinity War Part 2, May 3, 2019
Inhumans, July 12, 2019
Untitled, May 1, 2020
Untitled, July 10, 2020
Untitled, Nov. 6 2020

the fact that Black Panther comes out in February communicates to me they are probly expecting it to bomb.

it seems pretty obvious now that Civil War is more or less a redux of 'how do we not fuck up an ensemble avengers cast movie'. Maybe contractually joss wheadon already had the gig before Winter Soldier came out, but clearly Winter Soldier is the main winner they have so far. Even Iron Man in retrospect (which i never liked) seems like a bland piece of shit in comparison to soldier. Im just saying they probably had a much smaller scale version of Civil War in mind initially and once they saw that Ultron was not going to turn out the way they hoped, they amped up the production/script/everything for Civil War. You can't capture lightening in a bottle twice though, would be really surprised if they ever reached Winter soldier heights again

Edited by John Ehrlichman

Thor: Ragnarok will feature The Hulk and Thor in a buddy cop movie, and will introduce the Valkyries and Brunnhilde.

D33FC59C-607C-4546-8B96-699B4005210E_zps

ok now we're talking, go back to like page 3 of this thread to see how my dream come true would be a buddy movie of Hulk and Thor, seriously