IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

My coworkers and I got a recognition award today for our "outstanding service" whilst operating with minimal staff. Work has been a real bitch lately, but it's good to see our efforts haven't gone unnoticed.

Bought a boss sp 303 and ready to make some serious beats yo

Oh man, congrats! That's prolly my favorite sampler of all time.

I think of it like a poor man's SP-1200 (no relation) because of how good the lo-fi setting is and how easy it is to mix on it using the isolator and vinyl sim. Like, on the 1200 all you have to do to mix your tune is put your samples on the correct channels and the filters will do all the mixing for you, and on the 303 you just put the vinyl sim on the whole thing and it mixes it for you, like it pulls the snare up and glues everything together perfectly. I've only encountered a couple pieces of gear like that that have a 'magic button.'

Also, I have an SP-303 shirt that is my favorite piece of clothing of all time.

p.s. if you haven't already, definitely check out SP-Forums for some serious know-how. My contribution to the canon of 303 knowledge is that if you want to 'pan' a sample, simply record the sample in 'stereo' mode using the RCA inputs, but unplug either the left one or the right one.

I love 'magic button' things on music gear. even if it's just a filter I want to believe it's some piece of area 51 alien tech designed to give you the edge

Yeah totally.

And I like extremely limited gear that only does one thing but it always sounds good. I feel that way about the SH-101. And I have this modded dbx 163x compressor with nothing but a volume knob and a slider (for the 'threshold') and it's like impossible to make it sound bad.

I feel like I have the opposite fetish of most people, where I drastically prefer gear that is idiotically limited.

Edited by LimpyLoo

I also quit smoking. For the third time, but it is within my grasp. I had to use patches. Beware of American spirits they have much higher levels of freebase nicotine and quitting cold turkey gets real batshit.

Vivid dreams when wearing the patch: this kind of makes it all worth it. Next level.

I think of it like a poor man's SP-1200 (no relation) because of how good the lo-fi setting is and how easy it is to mix on it using the isolator and vinyl sim. Like, on the 1200 all you have to do to mix your tune is put your samples on the correct channels and the filters will do all the mixing for you, and on the 303 you just put the vinyl sim on the whole thing and it mixes it for you, like it pulls the snare up and glues everything together perfectly. I've only encountered a couple pieces of gear like that that have a 'magic button.'

Lol, found you on the SP forums. It seems like you know what your doing, might message you if I come across any problems

Lol, found you on the SP forums. It seems like you know what your doing, might message you if I come across any problems

Yeah man, whenever. I'm always down for SP-related chat.

I quit drinking recently. Who wants an invite to my inevitable relapse?

ours can coincide, it'll be (a) great (mess)

contemplated sexual scenarios an popped a boner.

still got it.

lol

is that money real money

About as real as Investopedia stock simulator can give! Man- I've been doing this shit for years, and was planning on starting with $10,000, but Investopedia gives $100,000, which is obviously easier. That being said, I'm pretty good, and uh, when I have $100,000 to just burn, I will prolly use it for mad blood money gainz.

I'd do aggressive short term trading with penny stocks, but the commission fees are too high to make that feasible. There is a brokerage in Tokyo that has no commission on trades under $10,000, so I might give that a try; but only for Japanese market.

But anyway.... Anyone else here think they're fucking Max Cohen?