IGNORED

Korg Volca series

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's such of a big deal, poly-61 and poly-800 were also "paraphonic".

But besides the single VCF architecture, I think it really is a poly, the leftmost knob indicates there's a "poly" mode, which probably acts as one would expect. Hmm... but it says only 1VCA... maybe the individual VCOs are at least gated before they mix together into the VCA...

Guest yikes

yeah ok.at 150.00 who cares about polyphony

so anyway

the world just got a lot funkier and acidic.

these boxes are gonna crush xoxxbox sales and all the other 303 wannabe's/clones , between this and the minibrute it's gonna lower demand for original overpriced 303/808/606/707/101/202's and get the guys at roland scratching there heads at the next board meeting.

that video really sucked BTW

how about shutting the fuck up and letting us hear the sounds german dude.

Guest The Bro

yeah ok.at 150.00 who cares about polyphony

so anyway

the world just got a lot funkier and acidic.

these boxes are gonna crush xoxxbox sales and all the other 303 wannabe's/clones , between this and the minibrute it's gonna lower demand for original overpriced 303/808/606/707/101/202's and get the guys at roland scratching there heads at the next board meeting.

that video really sucked BTW

how about shutting the fuck up and letting us hear the sounds german dude.

Dunno if its gonna crush XOXXBOX sales as on the sound demos so far it doesn't sound like a direct 303 immitator but yeah I think it'll definitely have a big big impact. £150 is crazy cheap so I'll be getting one of these bad boys that's for sure.

Definitely interested in the beats one, the other two don't offer enough compared to what I have, even at £150. Doubt it will bring prices down on 2nd hand gear, the new analogues have simply widened the market and increased demand, while supply is only heading in one direction on vintage gear. The exception being faithful recreations like the MS20 mini.

I kind of regret buying the Korg Nano Series for $160 when I could now use that money to get this!

Anyone want to buy a Korg Nano key, kontroler or pad?

Guest Hanratty

I kind of regret buying the Korg Nano Series for $160 when I could now use that money to get this!

Anyone want to buy a Korg Nano key, kontroler or pad?

ah, come on, nanokonrol is my favorite thing. glad i bought it.

but these things look so fun. all these years people would say how great analog synths sound, and I'd be using budget VAs or softsynths. Is the main appeal for these Korgs, and the new Bass Station, that analog simply sounds better? Or is it the hands-on control that may be lacking with softsynths? When I look at the video, my main appeal is that they look like 303s. But if that's all they provide and don't do more or sound better than my Nanokontrol/Reaktor combo, then I'm going to pass.

They sound pretty lush to me in the demo vid, especially for the price. Time will tell I suppose.

The stutter control on the drum machine seems sweet. Also the grain control on the hats is interesting.

Guest PolyKrome

These will be a welcome addition to my rig, and for the price you can't beat that shit!

Take my fuckin' money you shits!!

fuck me only just seen this. getting. fucking getting all.

yeah

I'm at least getting the Volca Keys (and then just using it as a module)

and then maybe the Beats and Bass (prioritized in that order)

about half of the functionality of these would be wasted on me, though

I wouldn't use the step-sequences hardly at all (except maybe occasionally on bass)

since I try to perform all my synth parts

and try to attain that kinda Brazilian wonkyness when I program drums

but who knows maybe I'm due for an acid house binge

What I don't understand - no MIDI out. Why not?

the things are $150

obviously some functionality needs forgoing to get them down to that price

it's funny how these things go:

either people complain about the price

or they complain about missing functionality

in my mind, all three of these piece are perfect

yes they are limited

but I like limited

yeah, the price is ridiculous. As far as analogue gear goes you can't really complain about lacking midi features, certainly not at this price point.

Limitations force you to be creative and think outside the box, a great way to learn new tricks. I find it much more rewaring than working in an all virtual enviroment, where you can do whatever the fuck you want, and just lose your way in the endless possibilites. I should go back to hardware I think.

/offtopic rambling

These things trigger my collector's urges even though I'm a software man :) . I think I rather get the old (sample) electribes which you can put in batteries and a headphone.

These things trigger my collector's urges even though I'm a software man :) . I think I rather get the old (sample) electribes which you can put in batteries and a headphone.

these things run on batteries

and they have built-in speakers too

Guest chunky

read up on what erich fromm said about having and wanting stuff

he really knew what he was talking about

interesting machines but not a good investment. these things are fun toys but they wont hold their value over time

when they're dirt cheap you could buy 100 of them and have 100 voice polyphony wow hehe

Archived