IGNORED

Audiomulch

quire

Hello - I'm a newish person. I wanted to ask if anyone used Audiomulch in their musical creations. I like to use it native these days, that is without any VST's or samples. Any Mulch fans here?

I used it like for a week... I didn't really like it that much, mainly because I saw that I can do the same thing AM does with any other DAW, like FL Studio and alike. Though I'm pretty ignorant of what audiomulch is capable of, so I'm also curious.

I used it like for a week... I didn't really like it that much, mainly because I saw that I can do the same thing AM does with any other DAW, like FL Studio and alike. Though I'm pretty ignorant of what audiomulch is capable of, so I'm also curious.

Yes. When I first got it I spent alot of time trying to use VSt's and midi sequencers and trying to use it as a conventional DAW. But It doesn't do that sort of thing very well. I've since spent ages going over example patches and I've come to really like just using the inbuilt tone generators and filters. Not that I've done anything special but it's an exciting learning curve and feels more musical than other DAWs I used.

Guest RadarJammer

my main thing is Reaper but I do all my Reaktor programming and plugin demoing inside Audiomulch. I think its great for sound design but pretty shit for making actual music. the development process is pretty lazy and the dev has intentionally avoided midi, he just doesn't like midi.

I found it useful for re-mixing & mastering. No problems with syncing multiple audio files. Radar Jammer I agree that Ross B doesn't do midi. It's all in the atuomation to create a track. I've used all of the other DAW programs though and AM is the only one that does'nt give me mental RSi.

• 9 months later...

This will be no help at all, but I used to use it live way back in the day. Mostly as a way to trigger loops and tweak them out with effects. A recommendation from Marumari if I remember correctly. Haven't looked at it in ages though.

• 10 months later...

I've always said that Audiomulch has potential. Here, a brief track I made with it, completely.

https://soundcloud.com/geosmina/abisal-i

TIm Hecker's secret sauce.

lel forget this :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LoveRhino

I used version 1.0 religiously way back. I loved it. I have been meaning to return to it for some time now. Nothing stretches sounds like AM. I used to love making ambient stuff with it. I know of a few people who use it exclusively as their live tool. I plan to go back to it as I love it's workflow better than any other app I've ever used.

For those that used it as a live tool, how did you set it up to work?

I imagine you bounce separate tracks/stems of songs made in yer main daw to .wav, import these in sample playing modules/blocks from audio mulch and then put effects in between the sampler building stones and the audio out to manipulate live? Cue up multiple songs this way in preparation of a set?

For those that used it as a live tool, how did you set it up to work?

I imagine you bounce separate tracks/stems of songs made in yer main daw to .wav, import these in sample playing modules/blocks from audio mulch and then put effects in between the sampler building stones and the audio out to manipulate live? Cue up multiple songs this way in preparation of a set?

It does depend on what you're doing but if the music you want to play out has certain structures, that would be the way to do it. You can just generate stuff on the fly as well. Lots of cool stuff you can do with feedback loops and signal generators.

• 4 weeks later...

New 64bit release is on work as stated by Ross.B on the official forum. Good news considering the lack of recent activity around the mulch...

Archived