IGNORED

You know you've been listening to too much Autechre when...

Guest Torchiest

I just recently recorded some of the noises coming out of my dishwasher. :cisfor: Nice splishy sploshy sounds with switching mechanics and humming motors.

Anyway, you know when you've been listening too much minimalist music when you don't realize that the track ended 5 minutes ago and you're just listening to the hum of a cooling fan.

True story.

Guest uptown devil

^^ that happened to me as recently as two days ago.

i also remember hearing a boards of canada track while standing in front of the microwave really stoned back in high school. if i remember correctly, i was heating up some tortilla chips in m and m's.. wasn't as quite good as i was hoping.

Dear Autechre,

It seems I am starting to experience something I have never experienced before...

All the things that I'm constantly bombarded with by your music seem to be opening my mind to the beauty of sound, all sounds! I find myself marveling at the unique beauty of like...say...tapping a pane of glass...or swishing around water...or scratching with my fingernails on a smooth surface.

Its like banging something is no longer just banging something...its a strange and interesting waveform, just waiting for me to aurally dissect it.

Or like just a second ago, I went up to this aluminum lamp bell thingy, and I just tapped it. The sound produced was so rich and layered. There was the tap sound, which was the force, but then it had a high tonal 2nd chord ringing above it, and a bassy rumble deep down.

These all form intricate images in my mind...kind of like little diagrams displaying each part of the sound...same as listening to your music.

I can get distracted with this kind of stuff at any time, especially when I am surrounded by interesting-looking objects (that I may tap) and quite truthfully, they are much more interesting than paying attention to whatever is deemed important.

Now its obvious I am probably just experiencing severe ADHD, but I think these feelings are a good thing. And I would have to say that its definitely from listening to your beautiful music.

So basically, listening to your music has made me into a freak obsessed with interesting percussive sounds, and their potential for rhythmic sequencing/and or tonal manipulation And I am goddamn proud of it.

Thank you so much,

Salvatorin

...you start to enjoy the rhythmic noises your dishwasher makes as it's running.

this happened to me a couple years ago.

definitely a sound of too much ae. I mean I haven't stopped tho lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

... my usual daily beat-boxing and/or tapping, whistling, mouth-noises, etc., improvisations become so erratic that I start scaring the cats, my family, and myself. An early sign is when I imagine I'm recognizing complex, grandiose patterns in the embarrassing random gibberish and noise I produce. :)

Archived