IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

Guest Aserinsky

When all this started I was expecting a June 9th release, but that's a sunday.

LOL they must have been so pissed when they found out ... :biggrin:

I think they made some sort of compromise with Warp:

zTAgO30.png

So the tracklengths are known.

Only two songs that clock above 5 minutes. That's not really the case with previous BOC albums. It feels like all tracks are relatively short somehow.

Perhaps it's gonna be their 'Quaristice' ... ! :dry:

My 3 year old insists on listening to Happy Cycling in the car. I won't answer his questions about why its called that

Uhm ... why IS it called Happy Cycling? I thought it was about bicycles ... :sad:

@BoC: Whatever happened to "Dragon" or "Rhombix" or whatever the guy was called who "stopped being a BoC-fan" some time in 2010 because they hadn't released anything for a while...?

Only two songs that clock above 5 minutes. That's not really the case with previous BOC albums. It feels like all tracks are relatively short somehow.

My 3 year old insists on listening to Happy Cycling in the car. I won't answer his questions about why its called that

Uhm ... why IS it called Happy Cycling? I thought it was about bicycles ... :sad:

@BoC: Whatever happened to "Dragon" or "Rhombix" or whatever the guy was called who "stopped being a BoC-fan" some time in 2010 because they hadn't released anything for a while...?

unfortunately he gave himself a severe epileptic seizure designing a new avatar

(uh, I hope Dragon is ok IRL)

Edited by baph

Has any one else sort of picked up on the theme and the reasons it's coming out when it is? I sort of touched on it earlier but it's getting clearer now.

The album's theme is sort of post-apocalyptic and rebuilding after disaster it would appear, hence the constant references to seeds/harvest/death. 2012 was supposedly the big year where everything would go downhill and ultimately end on the 21st, and 2013 is the aftermath. Not only that, but assuming June 10th was intentional and not because there was a reason they couldn't release on June 9th, it's the day after their favourite date, another example of the focus on an aftermath.

you better pray it's as good as quaristice brah

Guest cult fiction

Has any one else sort of picked up on the theme and the reasons it's coming out when it is? I sort of touched on it earlier but it's getting clearer now.

The album's theme is sort of post-apocalyptic and rebuilding after disaster it would appear, hence the constant references to seeds/harvest/death. 2012 was supposedly the big year where everything would go downhill and ultimately end on the 21st, and 2013 is the aftermath. Not only that, but assuming June 10th was intentional and not because there was a reason they couldn't release on June 9th, it's the day after their favourite date, another example of the focus on an aftermath.

Supposedly the album has been done or near done for years but wasn't released due to "circumstances outside of the band's control".

Back ~2010 the whole coming apocalypse thing seemed a lot more culturally relevant. Now it's pretty much relegated to reality tv, i.e. "doomsday preppers"

I suppose nukes are back in the spotlight just recently re: North Korea and India/Pakistan but I doubt that has much to do with the album or its timing

Actually, now that the album is announced, can we finally learn what the hold up was?

Lets all take a few seconds and remember all of the BoC fans that have died since the last release.

That is a morbid thought, but I must admit, I've had it a few times myself already. I keep thinking "Of course, it will be my luck that I'll die in something stupid like a car accident the day before this arrives." Upon reflection, I still assent to the stupidity of such a turn of events. Therefore, it's likely to happen to me.

I'm kind of glad now there wasn't a ltd edition thing.

It would have sucked if I'd missed out because I live in a part of the world that is usual asleep when States/Europe are awake.

Still, at least I can get my bonus track on release day.

Assuming there is one.

Edited by fumi

Still, at least I can get my bonus track on release day.

is that the case with most releases in japan?

It does seem to happen a lot, yeah.

Can I be the first to make an "All Tomorrow's Harvests" joke?

Heh, uh, All Tomorrow's Harvests!

There we go

When all this started I was expecting a June 9th release, but that's a sunday.

LOL they must have been so pissed when they found out ... :biggrin:

I think they made some sort of compromise with Warp:

zTAgO30.png

Ah. Sorry. I see you already posted about iTunes date.

Guest zaphod

I'm pretty sure this is going to be terrible.

I get that feeling too. But whatevs, maybe too cynical.

I almost feel like they caved to pressure that Campfire Headphase was too mellow, not dark enough, etc. I just hope they "followed their muse" rather than trying to live up to BoCspectations....

how is it possible to know this with the information we have (tracklist, cover and title, plus a snippet of something that may or may not be a song)? seems like they're fucked either way with some of you guys.

Finally home from work and had a chance to wade through all the events of today...

Tomorrow's Harvest! I haven't been this excited for a new album probably since TCH was announced in 2005! 2013 is a hell of a year for music: the best year in memory since 2001 I'd say (which was monstrous)... Let's compare with some highlights:

Aphex Twin - drukQs

Squarepusher - Go Plastic

Autechre - Confield

Phoenecia - Brownout

Bola - Fyuti

Brothomstates - Claro

Chris Clark - Clarence Park

Radiohead - Amnesiac

Daft Punk - Discovery

Plaid - Double Figure

Depeche Mode - Exciter

Venentian Snare + Speedranch - Making Orange Things

Wagon Christ - Musipal

Telefon Tel Aviv - Fahrenheit Fair Enough

Stars of The Lid - Tired Sounds of Stars of The Lid

Bjork - Vespertine

ADULT. - Resuscitation

So yeah... 2001 was fucking massive.

2013 (released and announced)

Autechre - Exai
My Bloody Valentine - MBV

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Arovane - Ve Palor

Fieldtriqp - Hidden Tracks

David Bowie - The Next Day

Telefon Tel Aviv - New Album later this year

ADULT. - The Way Things Fall

The Knife - Shaking The Habitual

mu-ziq - XTEP / Album / Heterotic

Atoms For Peace - Amok

Depeche Mode - Delta Machine

Bibio - Silver Wilkinson

Quinoline Yellow - Palisade Mount EP

Bola - New Album

Machinedrum - New Album on Ninja Tune

I'm missing loads I know, but what a year it's been thus far!

Edited by Goiter Sanchez