IGNORED

sunvox - tracker app

delet...

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

How is this thread not in Ekt general discussions, how does a mod fail this bad??

+ sunvox is the shiznit, hope Renoise devs takes some pointers.

Easy tiger - I've moved it now ....

Bought it a year or so back - It's a little too fiddly to operate on my phone (you spend most of the time shifting the UI around to get to parameters), but on a tablet size screen I bet it's bloody grand.

It's great on an iPad. You definitely need the larger screen to have fun with this app! I wonder which Rephlex artist will first make a 100% iOS album. Would be a nice challenge to throw at them.

I've used it for a few tracks and to make some lush textures. On the PC it had a bit of a learning curve, and automation is a lot more difficult than it should be, but it is really amazing to make wicked instruments with the patch window in of itself. Having said that, I echo the statements that others have made in that its very cumbersome to compose with on the iphone. The most difficulty is experienced using the keyboard switching between pattern sequencer editing, the patch bay window and the song sequencer. Having said that, its probably the best DAW out there for the iphone that I've used.

It would be really cool if they allowed for some math control/signal objects to be integrated into it.

people with tablets (or smartphones too) should check out the multitouch theramin function, really nice. you can use any instrument in sunvox, sample your voice etc, and control it via the theramin multitouch screen interface. you could do similar stuff as with a Haken Audio Continuum, sorta :) not bad at all.

How is this thread not in Ekt general discussions, how does a mod fail this bad??

+ sunvox is the shiznit, hope Renoise devs takes some pointers.

i never come in to ekt general discussion. And it is a music program so i put it where the most people discussing music could see it. ;-p

• 4 years later...

By coincidence, yes - just played with it yesterday evening. It’s a tracker where you wire up the signal path in “modular” fashion (kinda like Jeskola Buzz). The sampler is very usable, the synths and effects serviceable but not great. The fact that you can wire them up any way you want does encourage you to get creative, however, which offsets the basic quality level.

Interface is unpleasant on a phone but *very* good on a tablet (even on an iPad mini).

There’s desktop versions I haven’t tried yet but like the mobile versions these don’t do VST so they’re not as useful as renoise.

Archived