IGNORED

Sir Alex Ferguson

Guest Mirezzi

I hate his guts but he's probably the greatest manager that ever lived.

David Moyes to United? mmmm

Ugh, yes, agreed.

Re: Moyes, it has to be. Sure, he's not the sexiest candidate but he's been endorsed by Ferguson, he clearly has the chops, and now he'll have the finances.

This is a fucking remarkable win for Manchester United if it happens. SAF goes out on top (domestically, which is good enough considering the 2012 loss to City) and now they could get Moyes.

I hate his guts but he's probably the greatest manager that ever lived.

David Moyes to United? mmmm

Ugh, yes, agreed.

Re: Moyes, it has to be. Sure, he's not the sexiest candidate but he's been endorsed by Ferguson, he clearly has the chops, and now he'll have the finances.

This is a fucking remarkable win for Manchester United if it happens. SAF goes out on top (domestically, which is good enough considering the 2012 loss to City) and now they could get Moyes.

Don't know about him retiring at end of the season, or end of this week, on news on him retiring and Moyes taking over whether now or ever my thoughts were:

Please no. It's Guardiola after 3 years at Bayern Munich or nothing. Well, anyone but Moyes or Mourinho. ONeill was once in the running for gawds sake. The Guardiola thing is most likely because; he's not managed another English club, Bayern are already so complete that after 3 years and about 14 trophies later they'll be nothing left for him to do, Ferguson is likely to stay on for 3 more years, which gives him 3 more tries at the champions league. If they get Falcao, a midfielder, could get to two finals again.

Looking at the long list of candidates, Jurgen Klopp isn't likely to leave Dortmund soon, neither Laudrup Swansea, Solskjaer would be great. *goes to check where Molde are in table after winning the league twice*...bottom of table, 1 point, 5 losses, one draw...oh. Maybe in 10 years.

Everton are boring. David Moyes is boring. His teams are disciplined, pragmatic, always competitive, but boring. United already play boring football. I suppose he's scottish and a winner who's never won anything. I suppose he's consistent, but even being consistent is boring. Rather flirt with relegation just a few times and actually try to win a cup than gain a spot in Europe and do nothing while there. He's generally negative, I watched the game against Arsenal where they could genuinely have beaten them and kept fourth alive, but chose to play like Stoke. The attitude was more 'play for a draw and if we score one then great'. You could even read that in Moyes' voice. That they've never beaten a top side away from home speaks volumes. Strikers don't tend to flourish under him either.

I don't think with more money he'd play more adventurous football, Everton do have really good players, if one or two do something skillful credit goes to the individual rather than how Moyes has them playing as a team. Aston Villa, Liverpool, Southampton, Swansea play better football and that isn't due to all the Iniesta's they have.

I think if there's any truth to him retiring, he would have known about it in advance enough to have offered Guardiola the job, maybe he turned it down, maybe he just preferred the Bayern Munich job.

In an article I read, it mentioned that champions league experience is a necessity for the next manager, thus ruling out Moyes. Bobby Charlton thinks very little of Mourinho as well. I can only see Guardiola or Klopp. He has to be someone inspirational, not someone just boringly consistent but has showed no ambition to actually win a trophy.

And not someone known for coming in, getting every player to believe if they play his way they'll win everything even if that means compromising their talent, then after 3 years leaving the club in a wreck. Mourinho twists the game into something unpleasant, is narcissistic, is fuelled by a desire only to win for himself, is always surly and miserable and unappreciative, and an unpleasant character who brings nothing but negativity to the sport. I remember him winning a league or cup with Chelsea and him throwing his medal to the crowd, saying in an interview afterwards he wasn't happy that people don't give Chelsea enough credit because of all the accusations they 'bought it', and even now when things aren't going so well he turns all the attention onto himself and seems to ignore the fact he represents a team not himself. He's an example of what happens to a manager who wants to win at all costs and sacrifices his class in order to achieve it. When it doesn't go his way, he pokes someone in the eye.

He won a league title against one of the best teams ever and got Real Madrid to their first 3 semi finals in years, yet the supporters of the club despise him. His behaviour has been despicable and i think he'll take the chelsea job because he knows his behaviour means that the Man United job won't be offered to him. They know how poisonous he is. Who knows, apparently he might have to stay as Real Madrid manager after all. Maybe he will be offered the united job, him and Ferguson are friends.

He's gone.

A shame for football because he's clearly the finest manager for a generation... even if you don't particularly like him you can't deny what he's achieved.

Guest Blue Peter Cheat

Everton are boring. David Moyes is boring. His teams are disciplined, pragmatic, always competitive, but boring. United already play boring football. I suppose he's scottish and a winner who's never won anything. I suppose he's consistent, but even being consistent is boring. Rather flirt with relegation just a few times and actually try to win a cup than gain a spot in Europe and do nothing while there. He's generally negative, I watched the game against Arsenal where they could genuinely have beaten them and kept fourth alive, but chose to play like Stoke. The attitude was more 'play for a draw and if we score one then great'. You could even read that in Moyes' voice. That they've never beaten a top side away from home speaks volumes. Strikers don't tend to flourish under him either.

I don't think with more money he'd play more adventurous football, Everton do have really good players, if one or two do something skillful credit goes to the individual rather than how Moyes has them playing as a team. Aston Villa, Liverpool, Southampton, Swansea play better football and that isn't due to all the Iniesta's they have.

I agree he does not play particularly attractive or attacking football. However, Everton's style is vastly improved on the state it was in 12 years ago, and we have become marginally better to watch year on year since he took over (witness the Baines/Pienaar/Osman/Arteta triangles for example). We used to be very much a long ball team; I recall wanting to cry every time one of our fullbacks got the ball because it inevitably meant that a) they were in their own half and b) they would aimlessly hoof every single time.

The main thing I want to say though is that Everton are better than all the teams you've mentioned. Moyes is a pragmatist and will always operate in whichever way is most conducive to getting points. At this stage I think Everton mix up their styles pretty well, they can play nice football and they can play direct. He doesn't have the cash available (no board investment at all during his tenure) that Villa and Liverpool do / have done. He had a financial choice when he took over: build a mediocre but decent sized squad - wages spread between 20 - 25 players - and finish in mid to bottom half most seasons, sometimes flirting with relegation, sometimes going on good cup runs; or build a very good first xi - bulk of wage budget spent on 15 players - hopefully finish in the top 6 but be seriously susceptible to defeats if more than two first team players are injured / suspended / off form. Also, a smaller squad equals less chance of being able to compete in 3 or more competitions and chances of burnout are very high.

I think it's impossible to argue that he hasn't done an exceptional job at Everton and I really fear for the club's future without him. There have been negative issues, some of which you have mentioned such as the apparent striker one, and he will have to prove he is capable of change. There's a section of Everton fans who will probably be happy to see him go. I find it bizarre. They're akin to the Liverpool fans who delude themselves by buying into Brentan's bullshit.

If Moyes goes - which seems likely - I think he'll do very well.

Guest Ron Manager

Moyes has virtually no European experience and no experience managing the kind of playboy dressing room that comes with a team like United. I think he'd be a poor appointment.

I'm still convinced it will be Giggs. I put £5 on it this morning.

Guest Rambo

I've always seen Ferguson as a total control freak, anyone who sees that will totally understand the Moyes rumours. Join the dots.

A journalist friend spent a couple of days with him at the training ground about 12 years ago. More in a pr capacity than journalistic. He had nothing nice to say about him, essentially that he was a boorish, angry, drunken tosser. Friend is a die hard newcastle season ticket holder, so make of that what you will.

The manager rotation this summer is going to be crazy.

Man U: SAF replacement

Chelsea: Benitez replacement, possibly Mourinho

Arsenal: It's rumored that Wenger might leave for PSG

Real Madrid: Mourinho replacement, possibly Ancelotti

Barcalona: maybe need a new manager

PSG: Ancelotti replacement

Dortmund: Klopp might leave for a bigger club

Guest Mirezzi

So let's have a look at the candidate list, shall we?

Moyes - This has to make the most sense. To go by his record at Everton and suggest that he's not able to manage super talented personalities is a weak criticism. There are very few managers in the world who can claim that they've had enough success dealing with primadonnas to jump over Moyes on the short list. The same applies to his tactics. What he'll do with worldbeater talents remains to be seen, but it's a perfectly acceptable risk.

Klopp - I'm having a hard time imagining Man United supporters getting behind a Hun.

Giggs (lol) - Never. Hasn't managed a single game in his life. However, this *could* happen if Man United are prepared to make Giggsy their sacrificial lamb aka. the guy who followed a legend and totally failed.

Mourinho - I have serious doubts about this, whether SAF and Mourinho are friends or not. It would be an awfully dirty choice. The guy is a whore's whore of a manager, willing to pack up his Ikea boxes and go at any moment. It would be a dubious and short-lived reign. Mark my words. The thinking is that he'll bring back Cristina. I HOPE this happens because I fucking despise Manchester United and this will make them more enjoyable to hate than ever before.

Guest Mirezzi

Could see Bobby Martinez heading to Everton if Moyes goes to MUFC.

I was thinking the same. Martinez has some leverage and notoriety, clearly enough to stay on as a manager at the top flight, but Everton sounds about right for his ceiling. People give him too much of a pass for the failings at Wigan. Sure, he kept them alive through all the tedious late-season heroics; however, he was also in the driver's seat when they continually failed for the first several months of every season.

Guest Blue Peter Cheat

It's def Moyes. Been planned for 2 years apparently.

I now wouldn't be surprised if Phil Neville or David Weir replaced him.

I would hope for some mad choice like, say, Bielsa (who totally fucked Man Utd last year) or at least Solskjaer (though his team's current form has been surprisingly disastrous). Man Utd is so pragmatic it kills me in the ass, I guess Moyes is the one.

Guest Blue Peter Cheat

I've always seen Ferguson as a total control freak, anyone who sees that will totally understand the Moyes rumours. Join the dots.

Yep, they are very much cut from the same cloth and Moyes taking over will definitely have been Ferguson's plan.

Guest Mirezzi

Moyes and Ferguson manage the same way; in fact, Moyes may be even more controlling. He's so active and yells so many details at his players, he might as well have a wireless controller in his hands.

Guest Rambo

In addition to my comments before i think Ferguson knows he can still be quite hands on with Moyes as manager. He's way too much of a control freak to just let some manager like Mourinho come in who will 100% do their own thing. Fergie will have his dick in the oven, dont you worry about that.

Yes, that's a new phrase.

Guest Blue Peter Cheat

Did anyone see Kenwright? Hahaha. He looks a broken man; didn't seem to know anything about it until yesterday. Bullshitting, out of his depth cunt.

Rumour I heard yesterday: EFC are disappointed as they thought they would get about £1.5m compensation. He's going to be out of contract you fucking incompetent fuckwits. I dread the announcement of the new manager. If it's Mark Hughes I may well just give up on football altogether.

If it's Neville than there's been some fair amount of dynasty paedo like grooming going on in the shadows. Ferguson grooms Moyes who grooms Neville who grooms... Ross Barkley probably. Poor Ross.

Guest Blue Peter Cheat

Actually, since he's such a bullshitting twat, that was likely all an act. As incompetent as he is, I find it very difficult to believe he didn't know this was happening and in fact knew for quite some time.

Archived