IGNORED

What's so great about Seinfeld?

MadameChaos

yeah

I still watch it pretty much every night over dinner. By the time I get to the end of the series I realise I haven't seen the beginning in a while and it starts all over again. I can't think of any other sitcom that I've been able to just watch over and over, and still find funny.

So much of it has leaked into my life.. just this morning I bought a muffin and ate only the top.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

seinfeldsummerofgeorgequiz.jpg

the show just gets funnier the more you re-watch it as well I think. at least, a lot of jokes blur over me at first.

first time watching it through I was sort of bitter that larry david left and found second half of the run too silly and not true to the 'show about nothing' roots. but then another 2 rewatchs or so and I started picking up on the sillier aspect of it (ie. "mandelbaum! mandelbaum!"). or even characters like Putty or Kruger.. or FDR!!

even characters like Putty or Kruger.. or FDR!!

I love how there are characters who never even have an introduction.. like FDR, he's just there for a couple of episodes here and there with no explanation.. I mean, who the hell is that guy?!

Guest bitroast

I love how there are characters who never even have an introduction.. like FDR, he's just there for a couple of episodes here and there with no explanation.. I mean, who the hell is that guy?!

hahaha yes.

this video was mind blowning (especially for someone whos bad at keeping up to date with Seinfeld-lore)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag3pjjhAOKA

hahaha yes.

this video was mind blowning (especially for someone whos bad at keeping up to date with Seinfeld-lore)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag3pjjhAOKA

hahah! YESS

I'm not ready to lay down a cultural analysis like other folks here, but I grew up with Seinfeld and can't imagine television without it. It seemed like it was years ahead of every other sitcom out there.

Guest bitroast

The correct question is:

"What's not great about Seinfeld?"

well, "what's so great about Seinfeld" sounds kind of negative, but seeing as the thread is now full of people talking about all the things that are great about Seinfeld, it's sort of turned it into a positive question anyhow : )

The correct question is:

well, "what's so great about Seinfeld" sounds kind of negative, but seeing as the thread is now full of people talking about all the things that are great about Seinfeld, it's sort of turned it into a positive question anyhow : )

True! I love the optimistic point of view!

happy-dance-.gif

The correct question is:

it's like that cylob thread from a while back.

/doesn't bother traversing through the potential meinfeld by rementioning his opinion on the matter, but lets just say that i'm glad that we've got a steinvord speculation thread rather than a seinfeld speculation thread.

and KABoOM

Guest bitroast

lol. beautiful.

reminds me of that dumb concept album / compilation album idea of creating songs using nothing but the Seinfeld theme tune samples.

come think of it, do you/anyone have the Seinfeld samples? :)

lol. beautiful.

reminds me of that dumb concept album / compilation album idea of creating songs using nothing but the Seinfeld theme tune samples.

come think of it, do you/anyone have the Seinfeld samples? :)

Yup, I think I have all of them. Slap bass and I think horn from M1, and shaker, pop and puh from Alesis HR16B

Archived