"Following up from one of the most underrated albums of 2012 (i.m.o.), this is the first of 3 scheduled albums from new imprint AP Musik that begin to explore a phenomenon known as “The Colundi Sequence”; a series of mathematically-related and non-related and specifically resonant microtones that, in experiments, appear to conjure magical physical & psychological phenomena, synchronicity, unity. As the series progresses, proof and effects of the results should become apparent but for this volume, we are offered a carefully crafted introduction, to use as positive personal therapy and communal entertainment. The music is both natural and electrical, with an emphasis on sine waves of different frequencies, amplitudes and phase to demonstrate Colundi Level 1 to the listener, whatever the shape of one’s ear and one’s ability to hear may be. To give much more description of the meaning of sequence might be counterproductive at this stage; just have a listen! The very personal nature of the music is evident throughout. It is deep soundscape that draws you in to a different world; an intriguing symmetry of other dimensions. It is the result of systematic hertz experiments, a listening experience that is a coherent image from an unusual world that we momentarily enter. It is full of ingenuity and distinctly inspirational. AP Musik is manufacturing APMU4 now for release as soon as possible for those who will share our addiction to the theory; which employs elements and findings from a variety of scientific/philosophical sources. N.B. This ‘Ap’ is currently unavailable from iTunes, although it has been partially developed via Apple. A totally lush album, available very soon."

Via Grant's facebook.

970953_10151646321450070_1165160090_n.jp

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not very interested in the codswallop descriptions, but of course the music makes me happy - love aleksi always have always will

so what was mental union 2? the second disc of mental union 1? (which was much better than the first disc?)

not very interested in the codswallop descriptions, but of course the music makes me happy - love aleksi always have always will

so what was mental union 2? the second disc of mental union 1? (which was much better than the first disc?)

No me neither, loads of bollocks descriptions with this and Photodementia etc.

Allright, enough nagging, Rephlex still is my favorite label and I'm really thrilled to see more of the genius Aleksi. And yes, the second disc of the Mental Union CD release is M.U. 2 :)

yeah i'd don't really know what rephlex camp are getting at. do they think they're starting something new with all these new labels - this isn't an original thing really... whatever, kinda wish their MO was just about producing great music and quality physical releases. At this point in their career they probably have a fairly solid fan base who know what they want and to my eyes it's not pseudo-mysticism. All that BS just seems like a weird attempt to drum up sales? But who is buying these releases that doesn't already know it's rephlex?

w/e, I'm happy that grant and co are putting out more music than 2012. 2013 is already a dynamite year!!

I bet they'd sell more copies by releasing them all under the Rephlex name instead of those side-labels.

Anyway, I love Perälä's music so that's a great piece of news.

yeah i'd don't really know what rephlex camp are getting at. do they think they're starting something new with all these new labels - this isn't an original thing really... whatever, kinda wish their MO was just about producing great music and quality physical releases. At this point in their career they probably have a fairly solid fan base who know what they want and to my eyes it's not pseudo-mysticism. All that BS just seems like a weird attempt to drum up sales? But who is buying these releases that doesn't already know it's rephlex?

w/e, I'm happy that grant and co are putting out more music than 2012. 2013 is already a dynamite year!!

I won't be suprised if it was some legal issues (speculation about that was also in the new Aphex releases topic). Obviously they can't talk about it (and Grant flat-out denied it to me in a chat with him, blaming messageboards) and have to play the game while all the fans know it's Rephlex anyway. Maybe that also explains that they hardly released anything in 2012, figuring out how to release around it. But it's a shame, just compare the artwork of older releases by Aleksi and this new artwork font.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

"This ‘Ap’ is currently unavailable from iTunes, although it has been partially developed via Apple."

what?

what legal reasons would rephlex have for releasing via these sub-labels?

obviously I'm missing somethingg

I didn't elaborate because I don't want to be the one initiating the rumour machine (too late) or make any claims, but Aphex said in an interview he won't release anymore music because of his divorce and the ex keeping her share, that could be applied to Rephlex release schedule. In that case I can understand that they don't try to actually really hide that it's a Rephlex release but they just can't state it out loud?

ahem..... lactavent??

LOL I was expecting Cylobotnia or Astrobotnia part II as a counter, but that one is pretty half-assed as well yeah (but still way beter then this)

They'd say: "He indeed was a promising new artist,

until it came to the artwork of his debut album..."

Guest tht tne

um wtf was that all about

Archived