IGNORED

what is µ-Ziq's strength

not_vikur

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For me anyway, his strength seems to be able to blend nostalgic melodies with intense breakbeats but without ever feeling forced. He's kinda like Boards of Canada but with cojones, like if the brothers Sandison got in with a bad crowd.

Guest Promo

U-Ziq motherfucking rocks!!!

He definitely deserves all the props he gets!!! "Royal Astronomy" or Jake MotherfunkingSlazenger - need I say more!!!

lp1f.jpg

venetian snares

lol. this is true . mike e-mailed Wai (of isolate records) long time ago and asked him for Aaron's contact info, and the rest is history! i always wondered what would have happened had Wai said to mike something to effect of "i know your game, dont even think about it"

• 5 months later...
Guest Italic Eyeball
hes probably not as good as any of them but that doesnt mean he is bad.

ahh, that's bullshit, man. :omg:

µ-Ziq makes more human and lively music than Autechre, methinks...

BoC can really set up a mood, but the music doesn't seem as technically impressive as µ-Ziq's.

haven't really listened to Luke Vibert or Squarepusher much (i should really do that), but µ-Ziq + Aphex Twin = <3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Chogg

Mike Paradinas' strength is that he can actually fucking play a piano, unlike most people who make electronic music it seems.

he's not too bad. Nothing really stands out as special to me with him. he cant program breaks like tom or use samples as spiffy like luke or program wacky patches like ae or tap into some mental subconscious like boc. Not that im looking for him to emulate any of them, but there are elements of all of those things in his music. Once in awhile he comes up with some serious jams tho, like burst your arm and goodbye goodbye off royal astronomy

Guest Laughable Butane Bob
Mike Paradinas' strength is that he can actually fucking play a piano, unlike most people who make electronic music it seems.
but that is also a boon to his style because the input medium can change the character of the tune, negatively... I like the music he makes that sounds like it was programmed into cubase by hand

Archived