IGNORED

So there's people who think Burial is Kieren Hebden (Four Tet)?

ghOsty

Caribou made a facebook post earlier today saying:

"how has it taken me this long to figure out that @FourTet is Burial?"

I was instantly like, :cisfor: wtf is this nonsense? (which im sure Caribou also knows is nonsense) but decided to type "burial is four tet" into google to see what came up which led me to this tumblr...

It seems there are people out there who've concluded that Burial is an alt project of FourTet...

http://burialisfourtet.tumblr.com/

I thought it was widely known now that Burial is William Bevan
william_bevan.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have it on good evidence the broom is actually Yoni Wolf

that Yoni Wolf is actually Phil Selway

that Phil Selway is actually Clark

Clark actually Friendly Foil

Foil actually Pierre Schaffer

Pierre actually Asterix

and Asterix Rustie's brain in a glass jar

Burial has “revealed” his identity as a man named William Emmanuel Bevan.

The sixth Google result when one searches “William Bevan” is an independently family-owned funeral service. According to their website, William Bevan Funeral Directors serves the Herefordshire and Gloucestershire areas. The funeral service is specifically based out of Ross-on-Wye, a small market town in southwestern England. The town is two and a half hours W-NW of London.

Funeral homes assist with the cremation or burial of the deceased.

oh my god this is even stupider than I surmised]

and i'm pretty stupid

pfft, four tet would never use the same clickety-clack percussion preset on every other track

whoops, I meant to say every track

Funeral homes assist with the cremation or burial of the deceased.

QFT

Guest jasondonervan

people are crazy. Everyone knows four tet is aphex twin.

And everyone knows rdj is a broom. So wats this nonsense then?

artworks-000014350605-8cf5a3-crop.jpg

artworks-000014350605-8cf5a3-crop.jpg

See?! I'm speaking in truthisms.

Not even any specualting aboot it

and we all know who that broom really is

skrillex-mop-600.jpeg

flol

Joking aside, William Bevan went to the same school as Kieran. Other alumni include Joe Goddard from Hot Chip, and members of the xx as well. Joe has mentioned knowing who he was before William Bevan announced it officially after the Sun bullshit. Goldie, Kode 9, Thom Yorke, Flylo, and at least one member of Massive Attack have either corresponded with him, collaborated with online, or met him IRL.

I don't buy the Four Tet conspiracy. Four Tet is insanely prolific but still fairly distinct in his sound, I can't imagine him dedicating so much time and effort into an entire new identity. William Bevan doesn't want the spotlight or celebrity beyond the critical acclaim as a producer. I think even the mystery gimmick has faded at this point. Perhaps that's too fucking simple for people to digest. It's entirely appropriate there's a fucking tumblr about it. Can you imagine if Jandek emerged in the mid-00s - there'd be the same guessing game bullshit. It's all for attention.

Its all about the music, not particulalry bothered who he is.......unless he's my next door neighbour of course, which if he is I'll be popping round with a box of Milk Tray and a bottle of wine.

Guest crowder

Joking aside, William Bevan went to the same school as Kieran. Other alumni include Joe Goddard from Hot Chip, and members of the xx as well. Joe has mentioned knowing who he was before William Bevan announced it officially after the Sun bullshit. Goldie, Kode 9, Thom Yorke, Flylo, and at least one member of Massive Attack have either corresponded with him, collaborated with online, or met him IRL.

I don't buy the Four Tet conspiracy. Four Tet is insanely prolific but still fairly distinct in his sound, I can't imagine him dedicating so much time and effort into an entire new identity. William Bevan doesn't want the spotlight or celebrity beyond the critical acclaim as a producer. I think even the mystery gimmick has faded at this point. Perhaps that's too fucking simple for people to digest. It's entirely appropriate there's a fucking tumblr about it. Can you imagine if Jandek emerged in the mid-00s - there'd be the same guessing game bullshit. It's all for attention.

If they know each other / were friends that pretty well debunks the circumstantial BS about his discography on the tumblr

It's pretty incredible how he has managed to maintain his identity hidden for so long (in this internet age).

I actually think he kind of has to be someone else, how else can someone do that for so long?

Don't know if he's Four Tet though. He doesn't even have to be a already known musician. But I find it hard to believe that he actually is this William Bevan guy.

Guest crowder

shocking new evidence suggests that four tet is not burial and they are in fact working together

dp.png

four tet has actually replied towards this tumblr on his twitter some time ago.. he at least linked to it and made some remark in the line of "got me"

Guest crowder

four tet has actually replied towards this tumblr on his twitter some time ago.. he at least linked to it and made some remark in the line of "got me"

which was basically cited as evidence on that tumblr

It's pretty incredible how he has managed to maintain his identity hidden for so long (in this internet age).

I actually think he kind of has to be someone else, how else can someone do that for so long?

Don't know if he's Four Tet though. He doesn't even have to be a already known musician. But I find it hard to believe that he actually is this William Bevan guy.

081102.jpg

Only other known photo of Burial, and this was taken right before the success of his debut album in early 2006. He had only released South London Boroughs at that point. Personally I think William Bevan exists. This is quite a large group of people to be on a such an elaborate hoax. I particularly respect Kode9 a lot - he has always struck me as an honest and sincere person and he's an academic so I would be shocked if he staked his reputation on such a massive lie. I agree it's incredible for someone to be so deliberately out of the spotlight but it's not unheard of either.

The tumblr is run by some twat and Caribou and Four Tet's vague comments regarding it are likely jokes. End of story.

Archived