IGNORED

Reach for the Dead - New Single Available For Download From Bleep!

Joyrex

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I love this track as much as anybody, but does anyone else get a strong 'Moby' vibe from that string synth that comes in at 3:46? It sounds exactly like that one synth sound that Moby has been hocking around for so many years... It's feasible that BoC could have the same synth I guess.

• 1 year later...
Guest Bourbon Surf

Just came across this track from the Cottage Industries 2 compilation released way back in 2002. Some proto-Reach for the Dead vibes I hope you'll agree.

Just came across this track from the Cottage Industries 2 compilation released way back in 2002. Some proto-Reach for the Dead vibes I hope you'll agree.

The melody that pops in at the 2 minute mark is similar as are the arrangements at the end of the tracks, otherwise the two aren't really comparable.

I can't but help compare the intro of RftD to that of Ae's Surripere from Draft 7.30. That's like the first thing that came to mind when I first heard it.

If the BoC track's theme is death, then I dare say that of the latter is alien abduction, particularly due to the fact that "surripere" is the Latin verb for "steal".

• 2 weeks later...

I love this track as much as anybody, but does anyone else get a strong 'Moby' vibe from that string synth that comes in at 3:46? It sounds exactly like that one synth sound that Moby has been hocking around for so many years... It's feasible that BoC could have the same synth I guess.

A bit, what Moby songs in particular? I've always though the strings in dayvan cowboy had a far more canned trip-hop/downtempo sound to them

A bit, what Moby songs in particular? I've always though the strings in dayvan cowboy had a far more canned trip-hop/downtempo sound to them

Like the string synth in this track at this spot: https://youtu.be/cpOfMgN6O40?t=1m32s

He uses it all the time. It's not a bad thing, I just thought it was a striking similarity at the time.

I can't but help compare the intro of RftD to that of Ae's Surripere from Draft 7.30. That's like the first thing that came to mind when I first heard it.

If the BoC track's theme is death, then I dare say that of the latter is alien abduction, particularly due to the fact that "surripere" is the Latin verb for "steal".

I've never thought of that before, but I definitely see the similarity now that you mention it.

• 1 year later...

I though RFTD was great until I heard pretty much everything that came before it. It's pretty bare.

Edit: This thread put it back in my head and I just relistened to it (it's been a long time...). Fuck what I said. It's gorgeous.

Archived