IGNORED

Chewed Corners

Guest orochi

I'm pretty stoked! However, you only get the mix tape if you purchase the digital copy. Those that got the vinyl or CD do NOT get the mixtape, as far as I know.

I'm saving xtep to listen to right after chewed corners. u-ziq mega listening session =).

Guest orochi

I was surprised how good Redifussion was. I may like this mixtape better than the actual album. It's a close call.

Tracklisting:

01 µ-Ziq - Mumbo

02 Mick & Alan - Braindead Moth

03 µ-Ziq - Smeester

04 Heterotic - Blue Lights (ft. Gravenhurst - µ-Ziq Remix)

05 µ-Ziq - Tambor

06 µ-Ziq - Ritm

07 µ-Ziq - The Tripods

08 µ-Ziq - Monj2

09 µ-Ziq - Moaning

10 µ-Ziq - Taxi Sadness

11 John Wizards - Lusaka By Night (µ-Ziq Remix)

12 µ-Ziq - Blooms

13 µ-Ziq - Fettucine

14 µ-Ziq - Mentuuu

15 µ-Ziq - Mnh

16 µ-Ziq - Wrtyuu

17 µ-Ziq - Blem

18 Heterotic - Patty

19 µ-Ziq - Rimmy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I haven't really listened to him before this album, which I can't stop playing.

This is the time where I buy his entire discography.

I might get some flak for saying this, but I think this is actually his least uneven album, although everything he's put out has at least a couple of brilliant tracks. Your mileage may vary, I guess.

This is my favorite since Lunatic Harness I think, which is saying a lot because I love all his work.

There's a degree of consistency and almost NON experimentation (unlike his output circa 1995-onwards) that make this appealing to me, in the same way tango n vectif wasn't as experimental... The songs just hit the right notes, with very little dsp or even hardware tricks and effects. It just has the right sounds in the right places and it hits you in the feelers I guess?

I'm rambling

• 2 weeks later...

I just listened to it finally, yesterday afternoon. Wonderful album. I think you're right, it's a very "refreshing" album musically. It's not about bells or whistles or overwrought themes, just rich and melodic tracks.

Also, is this the mixtape?

http://www.mixcloud.com/lhorahac/lhora-hac-543-%CE%BC-ziq-rediffusion-mixtape-28613/

• 4 weeks later...

I love everything up until Mountain Island Boner... I just can't pay attention past that track. I still haven't listened to the closing track.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite is def the last track, but I like it all. Some of it is pretty messy though, you know? I REALLY like that ep though, and I also liked his Heterotic stuff from 2011. 2011 was such a strange year. Lots of good stuff though.

Belong - Common Era is my favorite from that year and still one of my favorite albums of all time

• 3 weeks later...

listened to chewed .. xtep is better ... chewed is non developed ideas that go nowhere or sound like unending ectended, intros except for a couple of tunes .. such a shame ... there were some nice things in that soundcloud pre these releases that werent used or built upon ..

if he'd focused on less tracks as ppl have suggested it would have worked better perhaps ...

sorrrrreeee

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Redialer

this is a good album and all, but i've been wondering what his nextep will be

Ignoring the pun, this is actually something that I've been wondering, too. XTEP and Chewed Corners were both compilations of tracks drawn from a massive pool of stuff he's produced over a pretty long period of time. Because of this, they didn't really feel as focused to me as other albums were (say what you wish about Duntisbourne, but it was obviously produced as an album, not a handful of songs).

He really did vastly overcompensate last year, but I'm really hoping he does something a little more focused soon. Still, it's great he's back in the game.

Archived