09. Piano Months
10. NY pt. 2 (Featuring Prefuse 73)
11. Mondaze
12. Wavxxes (Featuring Lars Horntveth)

source

starting to master the new album w. @daddykev for brainfeeder

https://soundcloud.com/brainfeeder/teebs-view-point/

KAnO62U.jpg

I think that might've gotten subsumed into some monthly series of collab singles prefuse is doing

http://pitchfork.com/news/50841-prefuse-73-launches-label-with-collab-series-featuring-nosaj-thing-teebs-nathan-fake-more/

*flogs self for posting a pitchfork link*

but yeah I'm down with some new teebs for sure

Teebs has been posting about the work on the new album coming to a close...

"starting to master the new album w. @daddykev for brainfeeder ...also getting knowledge dropped on me..gooooooood day"

Definitely looking forward to the new one, "Ardour" and "Collections" are amazing. His collab with Prefuse 73 recently is also sounding pretty dope.

• 7 months later...

*takes bone whip from Bob and further administers 39 lashes for linking to pitchf**k*

Saw, one misty Detroit night, the 3-piece of Jeremiah Jae/Teebs/Ellison

Was flying lotus good? Yeah. But teebs had such class and meekness in his set, that when flylo followed, his semi self-imposed patriarchal image seemed quite garish and rude in comparison to teebs' slick quietude.

Teebs' was just a humble, no nonsense, pure set of music, no brotosterone, and people could learn a lot from him.

I respect the man. I will buy the LP.

Was flying lotus good? Yeah. But teebs had such class and meekness in his set, that when flylo followed, his semi self-imposed patriarchal image seemed quite garish and rude in comparison to teebs' slick quietude.

I like Flying Lotus, but when I saw him a few years back (also in Detroit) his set was way too loud and distorted. Moodymann's DJ set was by far the most enjoyable part of that night.

Thanks for the heads-up on the new Teebs, love his stuff.

I am only currently mildy interested, not sure which direction he is going to go with this one.

One trend I am noticing with Electronic artists, is that they usually start out with Glitch Hop, and then they kind of deviate to IDM later on. I wonder why the Hip Hop aspect of Electronic music seems rudementary nowadays.

mage seemed quite garish and rude in comparison to teebs' slick quietude.

Teebs' was just a humble, no nonsense, pure set of music, no brotosterone, and people could learn a lot from him.

what i've learned from him is that in 2014 it only takes 1-2 years before a musical style starts to sound 'old' same with flying lotus, they need to dip into a new bag of tricks. (mostly im just mad at flylo for having an Obama sticker on his fucking laptop at numerous shows, unforgivable)

• 3 weeks later...

Listened to this twice now, love the opening couple of tracks (esp. View Point & Holiday), although it seems to lose momentum somewhere midway through. Credit to him for broadening his palette though. I dunno, hopefully it's one to grow on...

• 2 weeks later...

This is streaming on NPR now, so it's officially relevant.

I would love to hear one of those interviews with Teebs, where the npr voice does some ironic introduction to the interview, and the voice reads the interview questions all dry and prim, and then plays each of teebs's responses which were recorded on a pedestrian bridge in LA, so there is all kinds of noise when Teebs is talking -- the sound of bikes going by with the gears clicking and cars zooming past below. NPR knows how to give the sense that they have a studied understanding of vibrant urban life, and they know how to give the sense of that they as upper echelon members of society got themselves a little bit dirty in the process of bringing us this fresh content, but they are not phased, they still truncate their diction with a german economy, giving the impression that they haven't sweated a drop in years.

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely album.

Of all the LA beat scene/low end theory/brainfeeder producers Teebs stands out a lot, I think we're going to get quite a few good releases from this guy. He's a lot more subtle and layered in his style. In some tracks he harkens classic IDM in the best way possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest bitroast

Got this week or so back and given it a few listens. It's really quite good!! It seems like a chilled, more varied version of his regular sound. I was skeptical at first but I dig it^^

Archived