IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

oooo i have tickets to see him again next month or so! *happy happy happy happy*

may save that video for later. not spoil any fun.

saw the boiler room set live, delicious. everything that came after him on that stream was hilariously awful though. anyways, i ripped the audio from the video, 151kbps so it's pretty good.

• 2 months later...

I don't understand what you guys/gals see in this.

early shit through to returnal - yer standard psychedelic spaceman music, but done in such an unsettling, self-awarely unintuitive way (ie there's a lot of tracks on rifts where what initially sounds like a couple of pads might actually be dozens of little worbles blending together, but you're never quite sure) that it makes the genre/sounds feel fresh again

replica - manages to create this raw, jazzy vibe despite being almost entirely composed of 80s ad sounds played on sampling keyboards

r + 7 - collection of cohesive soundscapes & musical pieces, but presented in a deceptive, quasi-chaotic fashion. Doesn't seem random at all to me, but I can see why someone would feel that way. The randomness is all on the superficial aesthetic layer, which seems to be a commentary on the jumbled way in which media is generally taken in in modern society (ie got four tabs open with a video playing in the background, looking at pictures of mountains, show's on in the other room, someone's talking, you're eating, etc etc)

I don't understand what you guys/gals see in this.

early shit through to returnal - yer standard psychedelic spaceman music, but done in such an unsettling, self-awarely unintuitive way (ie there's a lot of tracks on rifts where what initially sounds like a couple of pads might actually be dozens of little worbles blending together, but you're never quite sure) that it makes the genre/sounds feel fresh again

replica - manages to create this raw, jazzy vibe despite being almost entirely composed of 80s ad sounds played on sampling keyboards

r + 7 - collection of cohesive soundscapes & musical pieces, but presented in a deceptive, quasi-chaotic fashion. Doesn't seem random at all to me, but I can see why someone would feel that way. The randomness is all on the superficial aesthetic layer, which seems to be a commentary on the jumbled way in which media is generally taken in in modern society (ie got four tabs open with a video playing in the background, looking at pictures of mountains, show's on in the other room, someone's talking, you're eating, etc etc)

Thank you mr Montreal!

:)

This gives me something to focus on, something to zoom in on when listening!!!

yr wlcm

This gives me something to focus on, something to zoom in on when listening!!!

yeah i think focused listening is the key (unlike rifts where you can just kinda zone to it)

there's tracks on there that sound like walking into buildings in games & having the music change. There's tracks that sound like watching a string of toy commercials. There's a narrative flow to it but it seems to bounce between traditional musical structure & a more abstract kind of cultural reference.

ie ONLY TRU 90S KIDS WILL GET THIS

• 4 weeks later...

Archived