IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

Judging from the live material (and the website sample to confirm that the live material was album material), this will be a trip out album. Samples, loops and brokenness of replica with more moments of synths and arpeggiators.

I loved Replica and Rifts and That We Can Play. I haven't listened to his other stuff quite as much but this is mostly from lack of having the money to buy the albums. I don't think Daniel has ever made anything I hated; he might actually be my favorite musician ever. These loops are like 15 seconds long and I can't stop listening to them.

yeah, get returnal, the Ford & Lopatin Lp plus rare trax from OPN (KGB etc) check discogs, he has loads of great releases.

A top one is the yellow LP wth fellow synths artists (laurel hallo etc)

Guest jasondonervan

yeah, get returnal, the Ford & Lopatin Lp plus rare trax from OPN (KGB etc) check discogs, he has loads of great releases.

Freakways Vol. 4. Great listening.

frwys%2Bcover.jpg

Replica was one of those albums I desperately wanted to like and buy it on vinyl because the artwork was so brilliant! I saved my pennies in the end....

I loved Replica and Rifts and That We Can Play. I haven't listened to his other stuff quite as much but this is mostly from lack of having the money to buy the albums. I don't think Daniel has ever made anything I hated; he might actually be my favorite musician ever. These loops are like 15 seconds long and I can't stop listening to them.

Also get Instrumental Tourist.

I didn't pay much attention to him for a long time because I thought he made witch house or something. Probably due to his appearance on that somewhat disrespectful Tri Angle compilation. dEbPavU.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C2E1pguV0g

7.6 according to Pitchfork, so much better than Exai!

I have quite a bit of his stuff by now though, so yeah, overrated maybe. Good, definitely.

Freakways Vol. 4. Great listening.

frwys%2Bcover.jpg

Isn't that Oneothrix Point Never in the middle there? With the beard

Guest jasondonervan

That was from the Radio Scenic Glow compilation, wasn't it... I like how it wigs out towards the end.

Get Returnal!!
yeah, get returnal, the Ford & Lopatin Lp plus rare trax from OPN (KGB etc) check discogs, he has loads of great releases. A top one is the yellow LP wth fellow synths artists (laurel hallo etc)

I wish I could afford all that music (although I don't actually like Channel Pressure much). I do like his stuff with Tim Hecker and that split EP with Rene Hell but again, not enough money. Returnal I'm not sure I love quite as much, but I also feel like it would require a full listening to really appreciate, unlike Rifts which is an amalgamation of so many different things and is good track-by-track or as a whole. Also Cryptowen, I definitely agree. This is way more important to me than BoC.

Returnal I'm not sure I love quite as much

Returnal's a bit of an odd duck for me. Taken as a whole it's perhaps his most strikingly atmospheric album (it does, like, a really really good job of reminding sober me how drugged-out me feels), but most of the individual tracks have failed to leave an impression (that being said, Nil Admirari/Returnal/Preyouandi are some of my fav ambient tracks of all time)

Guest jasondonervan

Official Pelham Island Road video is the best version. The rolling text is brilliant.

easily one of the most overrated electronic artists out there atm.

just felt like i had to get that off my chest, sorry.

yeppppppers. doesn't mean I can't construct a good 10 boc ripoff album from the 5 or so albums of his I own.

yeah for sure. he's got a good number of "quite good" tunes. and an equal number of mediocre stuff. and a slightly less quantity of just plain bad tracks ("child soldier" should never have made it on to a record)

considering that I didn't know about most of my favorite albums until after they were released, and my love for OPN, this is probably the most I've ever been excited about an upcoming album in my life. I feel like Replica is going to have most lasting relevance than this in a few years, judging by the loops, but fuck it, right now the loops alone are way better than BoC.

Archived