IGNORED

Non-Smoking Thread

Guest Gary C

My company has also discussed potentially making the entire property non-smoking. That means nowhere, the employees can't even in their cars!

It's not been implemented as of yet, but it has been discussed!

steph g in the future with a smoke ban at work

pulling-my-hair-out.jpg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

most places in europe now you can't smoke at work, nor even within a certain distance of the entrance of the building where you work in many instances.

It's pretty strict here in Ontario, pretty much all govt bldgs and plenty of private ones have no smoking policies, and big signs by every door proclaim a ban on smoking within nine (why nine?!) metres of doorways

Practically all of my old friends and family in the Mother Country smoke tho. Even though I've never smoked in my life, I almost miss the smell of ingrained tobacco. Pubs didn't smell right after the smoking ban lol

• 1 year later...

I quit almost two weeks ago - was on almost a pack a day, American Spirit too, this saves me like 100Euros/month.

tbh this feels fucking intense. My body seems to have massive excess energy & not quite sure where to put it. I just do a set of pull ups / push ups or a proper bike race around the block whenever it feels too whacky. It works and I don’t even crave cigs but my body is just weirdly on maximum alert all the time.

Need to find something which makes me sleep normal... just woke up after 3 hours of sleep & a pretty drunken party. The night before I got 2 hours, also after drinking.... maybe just shouldn’t go out drinking that much lol

Yeah, drinking wrecks your sleep, even a couple of pints leaves me feeling a bit groggy the next day even if I've got the full 8 hours. Having a regular sleep pattern and sticking to it makes a night/day difference to the quality of your sleep IMO, stick with it for a couple of weeks and your body starts to roll with it and you'll find yourself waking up a minute or two before the alarm's due to go off, ready to get up and get things done. Very satisfying and would recommend.

Of course you can work in the odd hectic late night, but personally at this point I can't hack more than one night on it in a row and have to buffer the wild nights with some proper old-man sleep for a day or two after.

I quit almost two weeks ago - was on almost a pack a day, American Spirit too, this saves me like 100Euros/month.

tbh this feels fucking intense. My body seems to have massive excess energy & not quite sure where to put it. I just do a set of pull ups / push ups or a proper bike race around the block whenever it feels too whacky. It works and I don’t even crave cigs but my body is just weirdly on maximum alert all the time.

Need to find something which makes me sleep normal... just woke up after 3 hours of sleep & a pretty drunken party. The night before I got 2 hours, also after drinking.... maybe just shouldn’t go out drinking that much lol

Dont you think itz about time to stop drinking?

yes, yes it is. one thing at a time tho! with the cigs it’s also weed, no more of that ever.

with drinking, was working with Russians the last 3 months, there was *no way* of doing this without drinking almost daily. But it’s done now, but, the last week was emotionally hardcore, this felt like a major breakup, so had to party out a bit, so yeah more drinking. Kinda sick of it tho and the mission rn is definitely to remove toxins from life so yea.

Just quit 7 weeks ago m'self, i was quite a heavy smoker (15-20 cigs/day) for 20+ years. So i went cold turkey.

I still get moody every now and then, but immediate cravings are gone. 

Sleeping is still bad though. I wake up in the middle of the night and during the day I feel like shit. Hence the moodiness. 

Luckily I can just take it out on my kids.

(j/k)

My last attempt to quit, around 10 years ago, i made it to 3 months. A party (alcohol + grass) ruined it back then, so i'm staying off the grass as well, and i'm very careful with (too much) alcohol and partying.

Quitting this time turned out to be easier than i thought, but i'm well aware that 7 weeks is just the beginning. It sure is a mind game. During breaks at work I go outside and hang out with the smokers like I used to. I'm not the only ex-smoker there.

Good luck and will power to all quitters!

wedge withdrawal works for most substances

quit cigs in sept 1997 & have only ever had 1 drag on a baccy joint in error....apart from cleaner airways the main difference was how much calmer i felt, surreal in hindsight but you def notice the stimulant aspect to nicotine after foregoing it for a while, dirty minging stuff, wish my brother would quit his pack & half a day habit

easiest way to separate weed n baccy is just as described, try not to include baccy in any cannabis consumption

a small, pure 1 skin rizla's worth of clean cannabis is usually enough to toast most heads, chances are you'll get halfway down and it'd already have gone out

plus, cannabis tea has blown me away with how easy it is to prepare, how little you need (0.5g for 3 to 4 doses-ish), just about a third of a liter of boiling water, a blob of butter or coconut oil (found the latter tastier), then sieve/strain, add a teabag and a dab of sugar and use about a third of whats left for yer drink

high is subtle but strong,  30mins and you know the score, did a massive walk on it y'day evening and no limb/pelvic reconstruction pain in da house

yeah that shoulda been lobbed in the shrubbery thread, but fuck tobacco

a small, pure 1 skin rizla's worth of clean cannabis is usually enough to toast most heads, chances are you'll get halfway down and it'd already have gone out

Aye m8 that worked, tnx:)

quit cold turkey at 17 when i was training for a long distance bike race. Chuff a dart every couple of months when im trashed and might buy a packet once a year if im super stressed. Wanting to perform well in sports as well as having a gf who hated smokling motivated me to more or less quit when i was young.

wedge withdrawal works for most substances

quit cigs in sept 1997 & have only ever had 1 drag on a baccy joint in error....apart from cleaner airways the main difference was how much calmer i felt, surreal in hindsight but you def notice the stimulant aspect to nicotine after foregoing it for a while, dirty minging stuff, wish my brother would quit his pack & half a day habit

easiest way to separate weed n baccy is just as described, try not to include baccy in any cannabis consumption

plus, cannabis tea has blown me away with how easy it is to prepare, how little you need (0.5g for 3 to 4 doses-ish), just about a third of a liter of boiling water, a blob of butter or coconut oil (found the latter tastier), then sieve/strain, add a teabag and a dab of sugar and use about a third of whats left for yer drink

high is subtle but strong,  30mins and you know the score, did a massive walk on it y'day evening and no limb/pelvic reconstruction pain in da house

yeah that shoulda been lobbed in the shrubbery thread, but fuck tobacco

I was surprised in Netherlands how mixing tobacco with your spliff is the norm, and you have to ask for a "pure joint" to get what us Yanks would call a joint.  I used to do blunts back in my 20s, but these days it wouldn't go down too well.  Did my bout with bronchitis as well a few years ago, and it affected my voice permanently.

I still grip the odd fag off mates if I've had a few but other than that I've packed it in, don't miss it at all and feel infinitely better.

Switched from tobacco jays to a vaporizer and found that it changed the quality of my highs quite a lot (for the better); I find being stoned much more intellectually stimulating and creative somehow these days. This all tied in w/other lifestyle changes though, more exercise, better sleep pattern and the like, and I have no doubt that played a role too.

Will need to try that tea for sure, do you just steep the butter, herbs and boiling water together and then strain, is that right?

I still grip the odd fag off mates if I've had a few but other than that I've packed it in, don't miss it at all and feel infinitely better.

Switched from tobacco jays to a vaporizer and found that it changed the quality of my highs quite a lot (for the better); I find being stoned much more intellectually stimulating and creative somehow these days. This all tied in w/other lifestyle changes though, more exercise, better sleep pattern and the like, and I have no doubt that played a role too.

Will need to try that tea for sure, do you just steep the butter, herbs and boiling water together and then strain, is that right?

boil a kettle of about half a liter of water, lob it in a mid-sized pot

bring to a low bubbly simmer, either lob in about 2 thumbs worth of butter (salted or unsalted doesnt really matter) or a  few glugs of coconut oil, grind up 0.5g of bud, take any stem/sticks out, lob it in the cauldron, make sure its isnt over-boiling & wait & stir over 30-45mins.....if the water reduces too much lob a cup or equivalent in to top it oop

sieve the contents into a jug with a strainer or coffee filter (strainer is easier), allocate a small mug's worth first (start small & work up to threshold), lob in a pg-tips tea bag or tetleys or *insert favourite tea here, cow juice if thats yer thang &/or sugar, you can also jazz it with star anise, ginger, depends on yr tastes, then drink

wait an hour b4 deciding on whether to top it up a tad & drink more, cos dose regulating is quite hard, but an hour should let you know exactly where you are

put the rest in the fridge & reheat as & when required, you'll be grand for 6-8 hrs, but like anything start low & work yer way oop, better to add incrementally than be knotted & gibbering

loads of vids here:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cannabis+tea&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwim2se9057XAhXEPRoKHQRODZgQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1366&bih=636

also, theres a shit tv show called Bong Appetite out, which uses green for cooking, full of gimps but methodologies are safe as fuck, check their olive oil infusion method (oil + flowers in sealed jar in simmering water for 30mins) if you wanna get cooking with t'ings, the host is a cock but the recipes are deliciously wicked

ps: in the pub earlier & how sweet is it to not have cig smoke hanging round like a mist under the pool table lights, thats summat i dont miss at all getting in & reeking of Regal, Embassy or JPS

ugh I pretty much started again after more than 6 months of being smoke free

it's just too good sometimes, especially when you\re having a drink like ppl said in here

i sometimes run out and use that moment to quit, until i have a beer or 2 again and go out to buy a pack. when ive paid for the pack the urge to smoke suddenly drastically decreases. but ive already bought it so i light up a cig

i wish it wasnt unhealthy and expensive

Archived