IGNORED

Non-Smoking Thread

Guest Gary C

Down to about a cig a day. This shit is hard. It's actually not the cigarette smoking I'm quitting, but snus, which I've been doing 24/7 for too many years already, so the cigarettes are just a temporary way to cut down - it sounds counter-intuitive because cigarettes are more harmful than snus, but I'll never be able to kick the habit if I place another snus in my mouth-hole. Otherwise I've mostly been smoking in party situations.

But in the last couple of days I've had a little desire to smoke a hash spliff. Can I allow myself a spliff? I won't buy any tobacco, I'll probably just use some old stuff I've had in a drawer.

Haven't you heard of roasting the cigarette?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't smoked cigs for 5 years and recently bought half an ounce. Having a cheeky toot in the bak yard at night, it's becoming too much of a habit - I'm finding myself wanting to go out and smoke even when I don't want to get stoned, so I'm going to get a vaporiser. There's no way I'm going back to smoking tobacco, such a waste of money.

Down to about a cig a day. This shit is hard. It's actually not the cigarette smoking I'm quitting, but snus, which I've been doing 24/7 for too many years already, so the cigarettes are just a temporary way to cut down - it sounds counter-intuitive because cigarettes are more harmful than snus, but I'll never be able to kick the habit if I place another snus in my mouth-hole. Otherwise I've mostly been smoking in party situations.

But in the last couple of days I've had a little desire to smoke a hash spliff. Can I allow myself a spliff? I won't buy any tobacco, I'll probably just use some old stuff I've had in a drawer.

Haven't you heard of roasting the cigarette?

Does the cigarette roasting really do anything other than just dry it up even more and make it into dust?

• 1 year later...

Trying to quit smoking and was wondering whether other people here were going through the same shit, maybe it'll be easier if we share our difficulties etc. ?

I've been smoking for a little more than a year now (started when my gf broke up with me) but now I really want to stop. Been smoking one or two cigs a day the past week, and I haven't touched a cigarette for the past two days. I guess it might finally be time to quit :happy:

i've been smoking for 12 years now, 5-6 per day usually. no more than 7. i keep telling myself i don't smoke enough to justify the struggle of qutting, which is fucking retarded. guess i'll try again soon, ugh ..

i've been smoking for 12 years now, 5-6 per day usually. no more than 7. i keep telling myself i don't smoke enough to justify the struggle of qutting, which is fucking retarded. guess i'll try again soon, ugh ..

Well that was my attitude as well first, I was like "oh well it's only 3 cigs per day" but then I was afraid to keep that habit for years and becoming too much addicted. Plus it's worse to smoke a few cigarettes but for many years than smoking 2 packs a day for one year, so YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID :nacmat:

Im smoking for around 12 years now, tobacco, around 20-30 cigs per day, and i really want to quit now

quited several times, max - 2/3 weeks, but after always 've starting again, usually after drunk parties

wanna share one thing, maybe it will help someone here:

Allen Carr - The Easy Way to Stop Smoking

I'm serious. My father was heavy smoker for 30+ years. After he read this book (listen to audio version, actually) he havent smoked even 1 cigaret for 4-5 years now and he is still very happy about it!!!!. Some of my friends and family members did same thing. It actually works, but not on everybody, thats the problem. After I've read the book i didnt smoked for 2-3 weeks (my record), but after changed my mind, cause i kinda really liked it atm. BUT In this 2-3 weeks I actually didnt feel a need / didnt wanted to smoke AT ALL. It was strange and fun experience.

theres a lot of good thoughts in this book, but couple the main ideas - smoking doesnt give you anything at all, it is NOT lessening stress, instead - it gives even more stress, quitng has nothing to do with willpower (willpower doesnt excist anyway, but thats other topic), you need to quit right away, no 1-2 cigaretes per day or shit like that, you need to completely change your opinion about smoking, or you will always be a smoker in your heart, even if you dont smoke cigarets

really, if you are a smoker - try reading that, it can result in best 10$ you ever spent in your life.

Well that was my attitude as well first, I was like "oh well it's only 3 cigs per day" but then I was afraid to keep that habit for years and becoming too much addicted. Plus it's worse to smoke a few cigarettes but for many years than smoking 2 packs a day for one year, so YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID :nacmat:

yeah, that's exactly how i started out. and i thought i wouldn't get addicted, too. LOL

I spontaneously quit smoking new years eve when the people I was with were going out to smoke. I haven't touched it since. The hardest part is just the habit of smoking with people who smoke regularly which is at home and at work.

My trick was to just keep myself occupied with something else when I felt like smoking. I got into Android: Netrunner, so I would take those moments to go through my cards and build decks. Now I'm addicted to buying Netrunner cards and building decks, which is a lot more healthy than smoking.

In short, change gears and do something else when you get cravings. After 5 mins, you usually forget about it.

Almost 4 days without smoking now.

Yesterday was a real pain in the arse, never been so angry - I overreacted to some minor stuff and I'm p. sure it's because of the lack of nicotine...Guess I'm on the good way tho :flower:

I'm already having a nicer breath when I wake up and that's quite amazing :cisfor:

Good luck everybody !!!

My smoking habits are tied to drinking and the day after if I still have some left after the night. Otherwise I can manage without any when sober. Although now that I've been drinking often lately, there is a craving. Must resist.

I think having a smoke is okay for a while, like aged in your twenties or whatever. But you want to give that shit up before you hit your thirties, and you definitely don't want to be puffing away in your forties, then you're in bad territory imo.

Most lads I know who have been smoking all the way to their late thirties are looking worse for wear. Just try your best to quit.

Perseverance is all, even if you stumble a few times, keep @ it. Last ciggy was summer 1997, but even that took 2 attempts (including failed hypnotherapy via 1st attempt). 2nd & final attempt was a case of "fuck this bollix, i cant breath in the morning".

A mate bought a pack of 20 (Britain) the other day and they're not far off 10£ now. Local shops near my old school used to sell single fags for 5pence, how cynical is that. But to compare I remember an ex buying a carton of 200 in a US supermarket in VA for about 20$. #gofigure

To smokers: can you stop being so aggressive to non-smokers? Especially if it's you asking me whether or not I smoke and then going off on a lecture when I say 'no'? It's sort of annoying. Thanks.

And if you could pass it around to other smokers, that would be swell. Especially some of the ones I work with.

To smokers: can you stop being so aggressive to non-smokers? Especially if it's you asking me whether or not I smoke and then going off on a lecture when I say 'no'? It's sort of annoying. Thanks.

And if you could pass it around to other smokers, that would be swell. Especially some of the ones I work with.

I always felt smokers had this shame in smoking and have been trying to hide it in the last 10 years. The smokers I know are meek.

the cigarette i used to enjoy the most was the 1st one of the day with a mug of black tea (2 sugars)

all the others were agents of Black-Lung, that conniving tumourous fiend lurking in every subsequent baccy stick

fuck that guy

but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, every now and again,,,,,, when i smell rolling tobacco in someone's possession, my airways have a lil shudder and muscle memory preps me into readying for a hit (or 3), but,,,,,,,,,, fuck that guy

Yeah I feel that rolling up my cigarettes and the smell of tobacco in its little pack will be what I'll miss the most...

...but then your mouth/fingers/hairs smell like shit so I guess I'll forget it soon :emotawesomepm9:

Archived