IGNORED

New Luke Vibert EP - TBA

Herr Jan

This just in, a new Vibert EP will be released through the new label of FaltyDL called Blueberry Records. The first release on that label will be in september so it will take a while before the Vibert EP will pop up but this is the first Vibert release in over a year or so, so I'm all excited now.

Source: http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=20418

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

awesome!

that's funny I was just telling my gf on the weekend that we're overdue for a Vibert album!

last one was 2009 under his own name, I think.

Under his own name, yes, unless you count his library music compilation (Luke Vibert Presents Fresh Treasures, from 2011) and some compilation tracks (Majacid, Sloth Gets Paid and Childance), but you're really in for a treat if you haven't heard his other recent albums, Wagon Christ - Toomorrow (2011) and Plug - Back On Time (2012) and Kerrier District 3 was also from 2011. But still I agree it's overdue for a Vibert album (it's always time for more Vibert).

This EP could also be a new alias for him seeing as it is on a new label and he had plans for a new style/alias. Can't wait!

back on time was decades old material. i wonder how much he got paid to do this.

That's what he said when it was released but it sounded like new material to me. Less amenry and different breaks than his regular plug output and the sound quality/mastering was much different. Also, there seemed to be an abundance of samples that one would associate with older music, almost like it was TRYING to sound old.

Pretty sure it was new.

Not to mention the references to songs that weren't even out yet during the period he says he made the tracks.,

Toomorrow and Back on time were awesome!

ahhhhhhh I'm so excited. You just posted your 666th post btw lol

Yay! Only 666 posts in roughly 6 years, I feel like I was way more active here then my postcount says...

Here's fingers crossed he found some new samples to use in the past year!

I'm actually more afraid it's going to be 'cheesy clubby garage-y stuff (like he mentioned here: http://www.ilikemusic.com/interview/Luke_Vibert ), something like the stuff he plays here (most recent live stuff online)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNgdwNSjbgc

My dream would be more slow hiphop stuff!

Not to mention the references to songs that weren't even out yet during the period he says he made the tracks.,

Can you give an example of that? I really believe it's mostly old stuff, maybe some new stuff. At least one track has been proven to be from at least 2002, when he played it with Aphex @ Pukkelpop, and that track sounds equally new as the others on the album, so I'm guessing it's been polished and mastered to death.

back on time was decades old material. i wonder how much he got paid to do this.

Well, see the interview above in this post, he started considering it áfter he was offered an advance, man's gotta eat as well.

Maybe I'm missing something, but "Come on my skeleton" seemed an obvious reference to squarepushers come on my selector, in title and even the main riff/ Asian sounding synth reminds me of come on my selector.

Also it seemed to possibly be an innate reference to his labelmate V snares "welfare Wednesday" lyrics.

And give the whole album a careful listen! It's more akin to drum'n'bass than Jungle like most of his plug releases, with the exception of a track or two. It's also more repetitive than his old plug stuff, it's almost like progressive/dnb...

Is no one else hearing that? =(

Drum N Bass and run were the two tracks that sounded to me like old tracks. Actually maybe the title track as well. The rest sounded new.

i doubt it, if it's a release under Luke Vibert alias it's gonna be dancy/funky/acidy for sure.

but chances are big it's gonna be that new alias indeed, the garage-y stuff - since FaltyDL is releasing it :)

i doubt it, if it's a release under Luke Vibert alias it's gonna be dancy/funky/acidy for sure.

but chances are big it's gonna be that new alias indeed, the garage-y stuff - since FaltyDL is releasing it :)

I'm thinking this as well...

Toomorrow and Back on time were awesome!

ahhhhhhh I'm so excited. You just posted your 666th post btw lol

Yay! Only 666 posts in roughly 6 years, I feel like I was way more active here then my postcount says...

Here's fingers crossed he found some new samples to use in the past year!

I'm actually more afraid it's going to be 'cheesy clubby garage-y stuff (like he mentioned here: http://www.ilikemusic.com/interview/Luke_Vibert ), something like the stuff he plays here (most recent live stuff online)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNgdwNSjbgc

Can you give an example of that? I really believe it's mostly old stuff, maybe some new stuff. At least one track has been proven to be from at least 2002, when he played it with Aphex @ Pukkelpop, and that track sounds equally new as the others on the album, so I'm guessing it's been polished and mastered to death.

Well, see the interview above in this post, he started considering it áfter he was offered an advance, man's gotta eat as well.

so basically youre saying that if i wanted to start a label, i could throw tons of cash and get vibert on it? nice.

Yeah I agree, but if it's anywhere as cheesy and clubby as Kerrier District then bring it on.

so basically youre saying that if i wanted to start a label, i could throw tons of cash and get vibert on it? nice.

I was talking more about the Plug album, that he initially didn't want it released but was pursuaded after alot of pushing from Ninja Tune and finally the advance made him decide to go with it. Not sure what you are getting at though, but if you by any chance have large heaps of cash to throw at Vibert for more music, yeah, please do :emotawesomepm9: he's not someone who stays with 2 or 3 labels forever in any case, he has worked with countless labels.

Maybe I'm missing something, but "Come on my skeleton" seemed an obvious reference to squarepushers come on my selector, in title and even the main riff/ Asian sounding synth reminds me of come on my selector.

Also it seemed to possibly be an innate reference to his labelmate V snares "welfare Wednesday" lyrics.

And give the whole album a careful listen! It's more akin to drum'n'bass than Jungle like most of his plug releases, with the exception of a track or two. It's also more repetitive than his old plug stuff, it's almost like progressive/dnb...

Drum N Bass and run were the two tracks that sounded to me like old tracks. Actually maybe the title track as well. The rest sounded new.

Those 3, Yes Man, Flight 78 and Get Out Of My Face are the oldest sounding tracks now I've listened back to it, I do hear some sound completely updated or just around or before the Amen Andrews period. A track like Citizin Tinitus sounds like it was made around Ataride (same house stabs etc.), so I see what you mean but still I think most stuff is at least 10 years old.

he has worked with countless labels because each label pays him then he moves on

im so cool and underground i didnt even know who chris martin was and just learned he is the lead singer of coldplay.

don't be a negative nancy watkins

do you want him to work in the dildo factory so he doesn't have time to make music anymore?

i'm gonnahave to check this ep out! i love Yoseph and you make me lush!

Those 3, Yes Man, Flight 78 and Get Out Of My Face are the oldest sounding tracks now I've listened back to it, I do hear some sound completely updated or just around or before the Amen Andrews period. A track like Citizin Tinitus sounds like it was made around Ataride (same house stabs etc.), so I see what you mean but still I think most stuff is at least 10 years old.

Could it be that Back in Time was made some 10+ years ago, just mastered circa 2011? That's kinda what it sounds like from here, plus like snickerbar suggested he could have named them whenever

always stoked for some new vibert, bring it on! Just listened to Rhythm recently, definitely a quality album :music:

I think a lot of the Back on Time material probably was made at the time; but was A: remastered and B: possibly reworked if he had the old floppies in his sampler.

Looking forward to the EP.

Archived