IGNORED

Songs that sound like Squarepusher

Guest skibby

Guest teetime

Please listen closely to my "fucking sound" and compare it to "maelstrom". The choices in sound aesthetics might be in a similar vein ( while maelstrom sounding bleak and hollow in comparison) ,but the syncopated rythm patterns in toms tracks are far more sophisticated and fun to listen to. His style of organic "drill n bass" is still unmatched. I have yet to hear an artist who is even close to toms playfull rythm sensibility. It is quiet obvious that he is a semi pro jazz drummer. But please, fell free to prove me wrong!

Enough with the steinvord rumors! At best (Maelstrom) its an hommage to go plastic era drill n bass , but it is most certainly not an alias of tom.

That song isn't an homage. It was clearly recorded at the same time as go plastic. Exact same palette and basically identical form. My Fucking Sound v2, if you will.

None of these are rumors any more than "rumors" that The Tuss is Afx.

Regardless, they're all good tracks.

Please listen closely to my "fucking sound" and compare it to "maelstrom". The choices in sound aesthetics might be in a similar vein ( while maelstrom sounding bleak and hollow in comparison) ,but the syncopated rythm patterns in toms tracks are far more sophisticated and fun to listen to. His style of organic "drill n bass" is still unmatched. I have yet to hear an artist who is even close to toms playfull rythm sensibility. It is quiet obvious that he is a semi pro jazz drummer. But please, fell free to prove me wrong!

Enough with the steinvord rumors! At best (Maelstrom) its an hommage to go plastic era drill n bass , but it is most certainly not an alias of tom.

That song isn't an homage. It was clearly recorded at the same time as go plastic. Exact same palette and basically identical form. My Fucking Sound v2, if you will.

We all have our ideas!

Point is, none of us have any actual proof at this time, hence why it's still a topic of discussion. There's no way for me to prove you wrong any more than there is a way for you to prove me wrong!

We shall wait until one of em' lets it slip in an interview or something.

Anyways, back on topic.

So far the closest thing to Squarepusher in this thread is Clifford Gilberto. Does anyone actually know this guy or have seen him live etc?

There are a few tracks in his discography that I find especially interesting as a "blatant" ripoff of circa 97-98' Tom. It seems no small feat for a person to copy so closely Squarepusher's style and aesthetic in such a short amount of time, with 97-98 Hard Normal Daddy/Music is Rotted One Note and Clifford Gilberto "I was young and needed the Money" coming out shortly before MIRON....

Deliver the Weird comes as one that particularly strikes me as Squarepusher. Some similarities in bass playing (Feel the Swifty, Squarepusher Theme) and similar drums to Squarepusher Theme...

Given the relative brilliance of this album, why wouldn't such a talented guy still be releasing?

I'm not implying or suggesting anything, it's simply a lot of questions...

We all have our ideas!

Point is, none of us have any actual proof at this time, hence why it's still a topic of discussion. There's no way for me to prove you wrong any more than there is a way for you to prove me wrong!

Anyways, back on topic.

So far the closest thing to Squarepusher in this thread is Clifford Gilberto. Does anyone actually know this guy or have seen him live etc?

There are a few tracks in his discography that I find especially interesting as a "blatant" ripoff of circa 97-98' Tom. It seems no small feat for a person to copy so closely Squarepusher's style and aesthetic in such a short amount of time, with 97-98 Hard Normal Daddy/Music is Rotted One Note and Clifford Gilberto "I was young and needed the Money" coming out shortly before MIRON....

Deliver the Weird comes as one that particularly strikes me as Squarepusher. Some similarities in bass playing (Feel the Swifty, Squarepusher Theme) and similar drums to Squarepusher Theme...

Given the relative brilliance of this album, why wouldn't such a talented guy still be releasing?

Clifford Gilberto is a very weird release, sounds like he used Squarepusher's studio.

Yeh defo agree with this.........Go Plastic is utterly more sophisticated than Steinvord which sounds like a poor rip-off

Yeh defo agree with this.........Go Plastic is utterly more sophisticated than Steinvord which sounds like a poor rip-off

Pretty sure he has hundreds if not thousands of outtakes from his creative process.

• 1 year later...
Guest LoveRhino

The first song (though ultimately the whole album) from the first full length album by Three Trapped Tigers has Squarepusher vibes in a big way.

• 8 months later...

We all have our ideas!

Anyways, back on topic.

Clifford Gilberto is a very weird release, sounds like he used Squarepusher's studio.

Always sounded to me like one track was Amon and another was Squarepusher with that release. Absolute classic album.

Congrats to the watmm massive for completely derailing a thread, missing the point and ruining it for everyone. Success.

lol the thread hasn't seen a response in almost 2 years. I don't think people were very interested.

Lets get it back on track then!

Always sounded to me like one track was Amon and another was Squarepusher with that release. Absolute classic album.

This! I really like that album.

Gilberto was supposed to release an album last year or maybe it was this year? according to his ninjatune artist page. Wonder what happened with that

Threads serve as good archives for good stuff. Also when they're thrown back into the foreground too. So ruining just makes them shit to look back on. I often go back to the numerous jungle threads for recommendations.

Good points, you're right. Hopefully we can get this thread back on track.

I've got a track on my computer called "YES1" that says it's by squarepusher and it's not.

I'm thinking it's by Impakt or another watmmer but I can't tell. Anyone else have this?

I've got a track on my computer called "YES1" that says it's by squarepusher and it's not.

I'm thinking it's by Impakt or another watmmer but I can't tell. Anyone else have this?

Yeh gots it at home..... not a bad effort

Yeh gots it at home..... not a bad effort

Any idea who it is by? I have no clue how it ended up in my library

• 4 weeks later...

I was watching 22 Jump Street and I could hear squarepusher all over the opening credits but it (the opening credits) doesn't seem to be listed on the OST and I am criminally insane.

Archived