IGNORED

VHS Head - Persistence Of Vision

No, "TBA" isn't the name of his next release, but I wanted to share this info:

I was mocking him on his Facebook-Page two days ago and posted some shit about him being late for his usual September-schedule, not really expecting a reply, but he actually got back to me and posted the following:

Jb6ctLf.gif

He's been doing a lot of live stuff lately, but this is the first actual confirmation of a new release, to my memory at least.

2013 keeps 'em coming ... ! :emotawesomepm9:

I'll edit the topic title once the name is out. Until then, we may speculate.

I predict this release will have something to do with either the 80s or with VHS-Tapes, possibly both.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gravity

This shall be a fine, fine album. Also cult fiction's link has a sample of some track from the new album (I assume), so click that.

i'm really not hip to the scene or various scenes out there

so i haven't really heard much vhs head

but i think i could definitely get into this stuff

Listen to "Trademark Ribbins of Gold", it's the shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H9MMd067X8

This shall be a fine, fine album. Also cult fiction's link has a sample of some track from the new album (I assume), so click that.

I hope so! If that's indication of the "new direction" White Mask was talking about, I'm glad!

PS: Is everyone familiar with the track he did for that Japan benefit compilation? It's actually one of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQJnMFk0NM4

Guest Gravity

I hope so! If that's indication of the "new direction" White Mask was talking about, I'm glad!

PS: Is everyone familiar with the track he did for that Japan benefit compilation? It's actually one of my favorites.

Yeah, that's one of my favorites too. I love it.

He also released a new track this month for "The Outer Church", another compilation.

hadn't heard this one, its now one my favourites too

yes, very very serious. I mean i don't think i've ever heard someone be able to turn such varied and disjointed sample sources into what are basically pop song progressions from tons of microedits. Maybe not since 'Smash' by Jackson but I think VHS head I like even more

The last album was way too long and samey. Hope this one will be better.

I felt the same way on the first couple of listens, but now I think it's actually very versatile and each track is pretty unique. I'm glad the album is very saturated with tracks now, as that means more material, I kinda hope for a similar album structure on the new one!

The last album was way too long and samey. Hope this one will be better.

I felt the same way on the first couple of listens, but now I think it's actually very versatile and each track is pretty unique. I'm glad the album is very saturated with tracks now, as that means more material, I kinda hope for a similar album structure on the new one!

I agree, I think that it takes a few listens before the differences really start to jump out. Trademark Ribbons really has a lot of variety... some tracks are beatless, some beat-heavy, and the mood varies quite a bit (from happy tracks like Gianasi to more aggressive ones like Trademark). Such a great album.

Archived