IGNORED

VHS Head - Persistence Of Vision

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stoked for new material, didn't seem like Midnight Section got a lot of love around here but it's been a banger here (especially thru the car stereo)

Also if anyone hasn't already, definite check out (and download!) this mix he did for methlab (?) late last year... 22 minutes of unreleased material, remixes (underworld :wtf::nyan: ), and other vhs goodness/madness!

Here's the tracklist since it doesn't appear to be on the soundcloud

Vestron Pictures Ident
VHS Head - Sarah Eat Neon (labyrinth)
Underworld - Push Upstairs (VHS Head MTV2 Remix)
VHS Head - Craven hacked to pieces
Last House on the Left Trailer
VHS Head - The Murder Cycles
God Told Me To Trailer
Hexstatic - Bassinvader (VHS Head MTV2 Remix)
VHS Head - Live Intro 2K11
The Bill - VHS Head Remix

Guest glittablitz

yeah vhs head is a jarring listen but thats part of its joy.

The new album is anything but jarring, as a little hint as to its vibe.

the Sarah Eat Neon track. I need it on vinyl. seriously. I really really need it.

One of my favorites of his

there's another one he was playing live for a while, with a 303 sample in it. it is also the fucking tits.

female, london, scenester cat avatar... vhs head's gf?

Guest glittablitz

You got me! ;)

You got me! ;)

VHS Head's cat that was terrified in one of the little videos he posted, obviously.

Guest glittablitz

You got me! ;)

VHS Head's cat that was terrified in one of the little videos he posted, obviously.

Her name's Brenda, she actually sits in the studio with him and meows at him when the music stops. I wish I WAS Brenda.

• 3 weeks later...

My thread seems to be growing into an interesting place for sharing facts and recommending tracks and the album isn't even out yet!

I don't know why but I never heard the Methlab-Mix until today. Are there going to be tracks previewed in that mix on the album? If so, it's already sold.

My thread seems to be growing into an interesting place for sharing facts and recommending tracks and the album isn't even out yet!

I don't know why but I never heard the Methlab-Mix until today. Are there going to be tracks previewed in that mix on the album? If so, it's already sold.

I'm sure I read somewhere by VHS Head that tracks on this mix weren't gonna be on the album.

I might be wrong though, I can't remember.

I'm sure I read somewhere by VHS Head that tracks on this mix weren't gonna be on the album.

it was in a facebook comment, and you're right.

for some reason I thought it was on Instagram, and tried to get the link and obviously failed due to looking in entirely the wrong place.

for some reason I thought it was on Instagram, and tried to get the link and obviously failed due to looking in entirely the wrong place.

Speaking of instagram, he uploaded a video the other day and mentioned the new album wouldn't be out until early 2014. But that video isn't up anymore apparently

Mhhh ... maybe change of schedule again? Come on VHS, you don't wanna miss out on having a release in the glorious year of 2013!

@ kaini / oscillik: That's a pity, but at least there's a download-link on that soundcloud for grabbing the Methlab-Mix as 320 kbps mp3 (in case you haven't seen)

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

But I like jars

Mhhh ... maybe change of schedule again? Come on VHS, you don't wanna miss out on having a release in the glorious year of 2013!

@ kaini / oscillik: That's a pity, but at least there's a download-link on that soundcloud for grabbing the Methlab-Mix as 320 kbps mp3 (in case you haven't seen)

from what I've heard direct from the source, I wouldn't get too hopeful for a release this year...

yeah the Methlabs mix has some absolute bangers in there, I am desperate for Sarah Eat Neon on vinyl. I'll just have to hope it finds its way onto an EP or something (or maybe even the album if the sequence has changed)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived