IGNORED

Window Licker Japanese Demo Version

GarbledMix

i cant say either of the demo versions really do too much for me. they are ok, but so short and non-eventful that they hardly seem worth listening to. if the homie tape were on one of the releases it might be worth caring. i'd cruise around stalking ladies to that.

This?

And I attached all the versions I have of the "Equation" demo thing. They were posted here before so it shouldn't be an issue.

fyi incomplete crappy from 107.7 is from the radio station in Seattle, 107.7 the end. they used to be an amazing station cause they would play all grunge (and alt) and of course that is where a lot of that music originated. i listened to that shit hella in school /end rant

Wow, I've never heard that Japanese demo version before. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

How does he come up with those weird little melodies? It reminds me of the track that steered me toward Aphex in the first place: that pig-snort track from further down the spiral, "The Beauty of Being Numb" (which does not sound like an Aphex title for a track; sounds like Reznor).

I think you're thinking of "At The Heart of it All" - that track too is what made me look more into Richard's work, even though I had heard Digeridoo and SAW 85-92 years earlier, and didn't know who it was by. AFAIK, Richard gave him some untitled tracks, and Reznor titled them to fit in with the EP.

No, I'm thinking of "The Beauty of Being Numb part II", the one with the pig noises. I also really liked "At the Heart of It All", but it was the goofy piano thingy with the string instrument on "The Beauty..." that this reminds me of.

Ah, OK - I never cared too much for it since Reznor added to the track, and overall, it's not that interesting compared to ATHoiA. That song is brutal, and I would imagine it's an ICBYD-era track based on the sounds used in it.

i'm waving an angry fist here cause the beauty of being numb is such a beautifull track, maybe the best thing on 26mixes4$

funny-gif-rabbit-cat-sleeping-tired.gif

Thanks for posting that. I have it on my computer, but I haven't put it on in quite a while. Such a gawddamm beautiful track!

AtHoiA was the track that made me pause and read the liner notes and puzzle over "created by The Aphex Twin" (or whatever it actually said), which launched me on my journey into Warp, the Orb and FSOL in the mid-nineties. But it's "The Beauty..." that made me think that RDJ was a fucking weird genius. That Windowlicker demo in the OP reminds me of that feeling.

• 2 years later...

What are the lyrics to this demo version?

Good luck with that!

I know, i have had 4 hours sleep since thursday morning and fell really scatty but these are all i can think about and will not rest till i know.

all i hear is....................I'll take all your kids.

The first line is definitely - And jiggle your tits

The second line is something like - You should call Rich, Andy (though I can't hear the 'ch' part of Rich so may be something completely different, and 'Andy' might be 'and he')

I'm kinda glad this was included as simply a bonus track on the Japanese release, because I'm not sure how I would have felt if this was supposed to be one of the cornerstones on the single. I mean, I'm not the only one that can't get behind the demo tracks, can I? They just seem...I dunno off to me – but I guess that's why they're merely demos.

Only exception I can think of is the Fingerbib demo on the Melodies From Mars collection, even though it's really just an extended version and seems to be kind of "thin" compared to the one on the album itself.

My favourite alt-Windowlicker track is the end-roll credits... wished they would go on for a good 2-3 minutes.

+1... i was so chuffed to get the cd with this version i actually prefer it to any of the windowlicker tracks.

but these vocals are what i have always wanted to know.

My favourite alt-Windowlicker track is the end-roll credits... wished they would go on for a good 2-3 minutes.

ugh why do you have the melodies from mars avatar! Time to start spreading rumors about its release.

Also, I wonder how many completely different tracks he made out of this one idea he had. He made at least 4 different ones, and chose the best one to put on that little EP. I wish I had that patience.

ugh why do you have the melodies from mars avatar! Time to start spreading rumors about its release.

Also, I wonder how many completely different tracks he made out of this one idea he had. He made at least 4 different ones, and chose the best one to put on that little EP. I wish I had that patience.

Multiple people were horrified/disturbed by my TRIMP avatar, so I changed it...

I agree 100%. I play the music video more often than I play just the track, and whenever I play just the track I'm always disappointed when the end-roll credits version doesn't start to play.

Edit: Also I had completely missed this track. Funny how you can find tracks of your favorite artist that have been around for seventeen years without you hearing them.

OK so Windowlicker ultimate edition would be a 6 tracker. Those two demo's are confusing in the way they don't appear on the same record. They need renamed. i confused them for one another on discogs.

Archived