IGNORED

Was Squarepusher best at Jungle?

J3FF3R00

I think he was. He should do more of it. I know he can play instruments and shit, but he is best at massive bombaclot riddim bizness.

Also, just curious, does he ever do DJ sets? Ever drop a mixtape? Probly not, right?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he was. He should do more of it. I know he can play instruments and shit, but he is best at massive bombaclot riddim bizness.

Also, just curious, does he ever do DJ sets? Ever drop a mixtape? Probly not, right?

I'm with ya buddy. I miss his massive amenry =(

great post, I think he was a master of leftfield jungle imo

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

BIG LOADA

man I'm really due for a re-visit to this EP... played the shit out of it years ago and had to set it aside for a while.

Yeah I guess. For me he topped out at Ultravisitor. He's best at that stuff. I'm hoping for the next album he at least goes back to using better drum sounds, live or sampled.

I agree, Ultravisitor was the last album of his I really truly got into, Hello Everything and Just A Souvenir aren't bad but I just have never been able to get into them as much. Ufabulum was kinda forgettable on the first few listens through but I probably owe it another chance.

hard normal daddy is the best of the lot. my problem with the later live stuff is that it seems like a lot of instrument acrobatics. i know folks who actually, you know, play instruments, are super impressed with his later stuff but as someone with basic power chord abilities, the fireworks are lost on me.

Archived