IGNORED

Was Squarepusher best at Jungle?

J3FF3R00

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wasn't jungle mostly just skittering amen breaks with like seagull samples on top? Can't remember any sp exactly like that

first 5 seconds of Cum On My Selector

^ Yeah (pls don't kill me jefferoo) it's a real problem trying to appreciate classic jungle after first listening to Go Plastic and then going back in time. Everything seems so boring. You have to forcibly disconnect yourself from what you already know to enjoy it (and I do ftr).

^ Yeah (pls don't kill me jefferoo) it's a real problem trying to appreciate classic jungle after first listening to Go Plastic and then going back in time. Everything seems so boring. You have to forcibly disconnect yourself from what you already know to enjoy it (and I do ftr).

I don't know... I have been revisiting the classic ol' jungle and nothing beats it imo. Sounds different from Go Plastic for me...

Jungle is the best genre.

Ever.

Is there anything out there like Go Plastic?

I reckons its pretty unique.........................the most off-kilterist, noisey yet coherent music ever created........ I especially love "My Fucking Sound".............Crazy.

PS..... Oval's re mix of Big Loada (I assume the entire EP was "ovalized".)..................comes pretty close

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-c7JNUm90I

Squarepusher's "jungle efforts" are more jazz to me. Like, jazz+jungle+rave+post-cyberpunk. Using "jungle" to describe Squarepusher is limiting, mang... The thing I used to LOOOOOVE about jungle was the amen pop, but due to filtering and bass, Squarepusher made the amen pop even harder than itself. From a pure EQ standpoint, Vibert's made the amen itself pop pretty hard, but he uses the amen as a main element, whereas Jenkinballz uses the amen as supplemental-main and tells a unique story in the process of usage. A lot of "jungle" and amen-related musics are just telling the story of the amen itself (a prime example of this is Vibert's Drum 'N' Bass For Papa track, which I used to rock so hard in high school, but when it gets down to the nitty gritty, he is simply presenting the amen story without much narrative other than slight personal views on the amen matter).

~Long Live Squarepusher~

Love Go Plastic. Either on my turntable, mp3 player or Panasonic cd juggernaut. It never dies, nor ever will.

All killer no filler and straight for the jugular!!!

:shuriken: :shuriken: :shuriken:

Fuck Yeah!!

• 2 weeks later...

Huh? Jungle? Perhaps he made awesome jungle because he didn't make any?

[youtubehd]tIDXiS6J9Qs[/youtubehd]

Fucking hell, the Junglists had no chance! This is so beyond traditional jungle. IMO, anyway, I loved jungle/dnb, but it all just seemed boring after hearing FMWT and HND.

There was an interview a few years back with Tom talking about tracks that influenced him with youtube links to his chosen tracks. It was a good number of drum 'n bass, jungle tracks, but he said that a Vibert Plug track is what made him realize the potential of chopping up breaks non-traditionally. So I guess we can thank Vibert.

Huh? Jungle? Perhaps he made awesome jungle because he didn't make any?

[youtubehd]tIDXiS6J9Qs[/youtubehd]

For squarepusher tracks this is certainly not a standout to me, so the answer is no.

O, and btw, is this about sqpusher being best at making jungle compared to the rest of the world? Or compared to his other styles (read: his jungle style is the preferred style)? He hardly made any jungle, imo.

I like his jazz fusion style best. enywaaayzzz

Archived