IGNORED

Echospace [Detroit] Bandcamp

Guest jasondonervan

*hugs 2CD copy of Liumin*

Me too. Not sure why so many people missed out on this? It wasn't expensive at the time and I remember it was pressed to a pretty large number.

Honestly, it didn’t grab me right away so I passed on it the one time I had it in my hands at the store.

Then I realized that, if anything, I like the second disc more, but by then… TOO LATE

EDIT: also, at the time I remember being kinda cheesed off at the Boomkat hype train wondering if maybe Echospace was just a biiiiiit overrated

FOOLISH

Edited by Ascdi

EDIT: also, at the time I remember being kinda cheesed off at the Boomkat hype train wondering if maybe Echospace was just a biiiiiit overrated

Nah man it's a fine line both of them (boomkat & echospace) tread. I don't particularly agree with some of their (modell & echospace) marketing tactics - including but not limited to, overpriced "ultra-limited" editions, ratings pumping on Discogs, rehashing old material (srsly, anyone notice that silent world OST is just a half baked liumin disc 3?) - but the quailty is there to forgive these transgressions, at least for the time being

Ha! I've definitely been there before. No foolishness about getting into things at your own pace.

QFT. It's not about the destination, it's about tha journey. I've been into beats and circuit bending for the better part of 15 years now and am only discovering the illness of MBM now, go figure!

Guest jasondonervan

I finally received a shipping notification from echospace for my outstanding orders:

• deepchord - "07/08/09" [remastered]
  • deepchord - "10/11/12" [remastered]
  • deepchord - "13/14/16" [remastered]
  • intrusion - the seduction of silence: Double CD Digipak [2014 Remastered Edition + Bonus Material]
  • echospace [detroit] - "echoes in space" (volume one) 4.2 GB Retail DVD Sound Library (shipping a bit later, apparently)

Looking forward to them, should tide me over nicely until Syro turns up.

Ha! I've definitely been there before. No foolishness about getting into things at your own pace.

Tru.

Sample pack people, are you enjoying having the samples? What are you planning on doing with them? Making tracks with them? Are they enjoyable to listen to on their own?

Guest jasondonervan

Sample pack people, are you enjoying having the samples? What are you planning on doing with them? Making tracks with them? Are they enjoyable to listen to on their own?

Some are lengthy affairs that lend themselves to a relaxing listen, but others are short and sweet and are definitely focused more for sample manipulation.

I had to store a lot of my humble gear setup in recent months, but I'm tempted to dig out the MPC (original 1000, JJOS, 250GB internal HDD) and start running this lot through it just for shits and giggles. Might pop stuff on to a soundcloud if some interesting enough results emerge.

Guest Enter a new display name

I finally received a shipping notification from echospace for my outstanding orders:

• deepchord - "07/08/09" [remastered]
  • deepchord - "10/11/12" [remastered]
  • deepchord - "13/14/16" [remastered]

Same for me. The wait has been too long, but it will be worth it. I already own the first 2 compilations on vinyl, but I'm still wondering if the third one will also have a vinyl repress.

The wait for cv313's Dimensional Space was ridiculous BY THE WAY (like more than 2 years).

Guest jasondonervan

The wait for cv313's Dimensional Space was ridiculous BY THE WAY (like more than 2 years).

Preordered that the week it showed up Boomkat. It went on for so long, they ended up cancelling it themselves

Oh, and shipping notification received for the sound library DVD, yay.

Edited by jasondonervan

I received my ARC CDs and the Intrusion reissue a few days ago. Worth the wait. They sound gravy.

The sound library is pretty cool. I started putting some tracks together not too long ago. I'm kinda destroying the original material.

Edited by Deion Sanders

Guest jasondonervan

New releases:

variant - dreaming thru vector (2xCD set + sticker)

0003547007_10.jpg

"Limited 2XCD edition from echospace's variant project inspired by and created during the production of the extensive "Echoes In Space" sound library. An experimental based project utilizing a wide array of analog sequencers, modular systems and homemade effects manipulated and bounced down to 1/4" tape. As the title suggests, this project was heavily reliant on various forms of Vector Synthesis by incorporating 4 various stages of oscillations thru a variety of sound generators and synthesizers. The primary goal with this production was to incorporate the extensive sound library project into a vector based table, dissolving the sounds slowly over time creating an etheric, mystical sound that's strangely not warm or cold, but more in-between dimensions. For those who were engrossed with the "Falling Stars" release (a recording which dates back to 1994) then, this should be something magical as it's primarily based on the same set of recording principles. Something for the heads in search of sonic meditation and out-of-body experiences with 2 near 60 minute infinite pieces of organic arctic noise, creating an atmosphere all on its own.

Only a handful of these were made for exclusive promotion at the KMS party in Detroit @ Movement, 2014. NO DIGITAL | NO REPRESS. Packaged in black digipak w/sticker and additional CD in the inner pocket housed in resealable poly sleeve."

cv313 - seconds to forever [DEMF​/​Movement] 2014 (CD, 160gm white vinyl - can buy separately or together)

0003546712_10.jpg

"Limited 160 Gram white vinyl edition, packaged in poly bag w/transparent metallic "Mind's Eye" fiber paper w/chrome sticker also includes the limited edition CD. The vinyl is the original 12" masters done at NSC studio in Detroit and cut by the brilliant Mark Richardson @ Prairie Cat Masering. The CD Includes 2 new versions (out takes) of cv313's classic "Beyond The Clouds" never before heard in any format and exclusively available on this CD (NO DIGITAL RELEASE!) There's also 3 beautiful remixes from the brilliant Rod Modell (DeepChord) of cv313's majestic "Seconds To Forever". Two of these haunting reshapes were featured on the digital edition of the release exclusively on Boomkat and the other lost in the vaults. Only a handful of these were made for exclusive promotion at the KMS party in Detroit @ Movement, 2014. There's only 50 of these available and once they're gone there will be no re-issue or re-press!"

Guest jasondonervan

^ Both sold out, apart from a few CD copies left

But look what arrived today.... FINALLY

iUfhaB5OP9Ut6.JPG

ibhnHbPsiB8oF0.JPG

iuhl6WmTx5dRR.JPG

Couple of duplicate ARC CDs because I was a bit forgetful with what I'd ordered and when, oops.

*nerdgasm*

I hope I'll get mine today. They should arrive very soon according to the tracking number.

Guest jasondonervan

^ did they arrive yet?

Just spotted a new one on the bandcamp:

soultek - dreaming under a starlit sky [2XCD limited japan import]

a1567645004_10.jpg

NOTE ***THIS IS A LIMITED JAPAN IMPORT AND WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE IN DIGITAL FORMAT*** ONLY 50 are available. The first CD album from the Soultek guise of Echospace's Stephen Hitchell under license in Japan. This album features remastered content originally available on UK techno pioneer and Fat Cat Records founder, Lee Purkis's (In Sync) label, Fortune8. On Disk 2, there are rarities from the archives originally licensed to forcetracks / force inc music works, however, due to the insolvency of their distributor, these recordings never saw the light of day and were not available, until now. After nearly 13 years of sitting on tape, the material has aged like a fine wine; quite a pleasure to bring these recordings back to life...from our hearts to yours!

I couldn't resist the temptation so I pre-ordered the Soultek double album. My Deepchord CDs arrived yesterday though. I'm so psyched!

Guest jasondonervan

I couldn't resist the temptation so I pre-ordered the Soultek double album. My Deepchord CDs arrived yesterday though. I'm so psyched!

Excellent! I'm currently entranced by disc 2 of the Intrusion remaster, great dubby atmospheres, especially the Phase90 remixes.

Soultek now sold out, you were lucky! :beer:

fuck i need these now and I don't know where to get them.

- the deepchord cds i mean

urg found them on discogs and just went for it -- how much were they originally?

Edited by dr lopez

Can someone like jason explain and sort through all the releases - explaining what they all are and which ones are good and which ones are worth tracking down on cd?

I would be eternally grateful please and thanks d-lo

Guest jasondonervan

Can someone like jason explain and sort through all the releases - explaining what they all are and which ones are good and which ones are worth tracking down on cd?

I would be eternally grateful please and thanks d-lo

Sure, I'd quite like to write a piece on DC and pick out some choice cuts. Availability of certain releases is an issue what with their limited nature (I think a couple of discs I have were only produced in double figures), but the bandcamp goes some way to easing the hunt.

Leave it with me.

^ did they arrive yet?

Just spotted a new one on the bandcamp:

soultek - dreaming under a starlit sky [2XCD limited japan import]

a1567645004_10.jpg

NOTE ***THIS IS A LIMITED JAPAN IMPORT AND WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE IN DIGITAL FORMAT*** ONLY 50 are available. The first CD album from the Soultek guise of Echospace's Stephen Hitchell under license in Japan. This album features remastered content originally available on UK techno pioneer and Fat Cat Records founder, Lee Purkis's (In Sync) label, Fortune8. On Disk 2, there are rarities from the archives originally licensed to forcetracks / force inc music works, however, due to the insolvency of their distributor, these recordings never saw the light of day and were not available, until now. After nearly 13 years of sitting on tape, the material has aged like a fine wine; quite a pleasure to bring these recordings back to life...from our hearts to yours!

That is terrible artwork/font combination, the font isn't even spaced correctly, it's annoying my brain! What's their excuse, is it vapourwave or something? So bad it's in the hood?

Guest jasondonervan

That is terrible artwork/font combination. What's their excuse, is it vapourwave or something?

Early 90s aesthetic throwback before Early 90s aesthetic throwbacking became a thing.