IGNORED

The Bro Tunes

Guest The Bro

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

composition strong, mix sounds boxy, sounds themselves are quite stock sounding, but its just a demo i know.

Got any suggestions on how to improvement the mix? Cheers.

I like the rhodes (I think that's what it's called..) and that second synth that goes dododododo in the background, but that's about it.

The clap sounds wrong. Probably because it's been pitched down like that, I'm not sure. All the drums are pretty annoying actually. There's no real depth or sense of space. It all seems to be positioned right in front of the listener, and since the bass thing doesn't have enough lower-end (same with the kick), it all ends up sounding a bit empty.

Thanks for the comments. I've changed the drums and beefed up the bottom end now. Should hopefully sound better. Let me know your thoughts guys. Cheers.

Thanks. I've reuploaded this to Soundcloud. Mix is sounding nice and punchy now. Please have another listen guys and let me know your thoughts. Safe!! :D

the clap type thing, to me its maybe a bit too prominent for a sound you hear so many times and sounds very specific and basically exactly the same every time you hear it. i mean it kind of dominates the track and its the same exact sound/texture over and over. it kind of bugs me, but that's just my own taste/preference/opinion though and if you like it that's really what matters.

other than that, the track is likable. the other drums i like ok, and the sort of humming or whatever it is that goes kind of over or under the bassline is a nice little touch. your stuff always kind of reminds me of like, general midi sounds from old pc games with a midi module kicking out the tunes, which is kind of interesting to me that you seem interested in doing that sound fairly consistently. your stuff is almost like a hybrid between the demo tunes that like general midi synths or other 90s digitial midi keyboards/synths might spit out when you hit the 'demo' button, and muzak. which i hope you don't take offense to me saying that. it kind of intrigues me tbh.

I still think it'd be nice to hear the finished version of just one of the many demos you're putting up on here. People usually posts ideas and stuff for ever single one of them, but we never actually get to hear a finished track. Or maybe I've missed it.

Yeah man, what about a single thread for all the Bro demos and then you make new threads for the finished tracks?

Guest The Bro

Don't see anywhere in the rules that permits you to do this and not only that but YLC is for demo music. I can think of certain indviduals (no names mentioned) who use to post ridiculous amounts of new threads with new tunes and they never got this kinda treatment. Prejudice.

Don't see anywhere in the rules that permits you to do this

What on Earth are you talking about? Are you saying you want the rules to tell you/us what we CAN do? That's gonna be one hell of a list.

not only that but YLC is for demo music

How does that justify you making a bunch of threads? And what has that got to do with anything?

I can think of certain indviduals (no names mentioned) who use to post ridiculous amounts of new threads with new tunes and they never got this kinda treatment.

Sure, Encym posts a hell of a lot of threads and I've been meaning to get in contact with him about that. You may also be referring to Ragnar but I've already talked to him about it.

Prejudice

What?

I think the one thread for all your tunes thing is actually better than multiple threads... Have been thinking about merging all mine into one too...

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived