Reminds me a little bit of Reload. Nice fm bassline. Yeah easily one of the better things to be posted here recently. I'd love to have heard some bad ass 80s drums on top but that's just a personal preference. You keep the momentum pretty successfully through out. Well done. :-)

Guest kyriakos

Sounds like a futuristic highway or city or something. I get an almost Contra (the old video game) or Bladerunner vibe. It's taking me somewhere!

Success!

yep i agree. feels like im in a video game

love those lush synths : )

Thanks guys! I'm keeping the majority of this project quite simple - all instrumental, avoiding "drums" as it were, etc. Having said that, there are a couple of these tracks in the works that are turning techno... I'm guessing people have heard the set of 3 that are up on SoundCloud?

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent stuff. All the layers combined at the end make for quite an interesting sound. I really enjoyed how everything is based around the first melody produced, and it never really gets repetitive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I really like proposition 1! It has a VERY segaesque vibe to the bass. What's up with all the 80s vibes on this board lately? How did you get that metallicy bass sound? This is the second time I've been reminded of old shadowrun games today.

I really like proposition 1! It has a VERY segaesque vibe to the bass. What's up with all the 80s vibes on this board lately? How did you get that metallicy bass sound? This is the second time I've been reminded of old shadowrun games today.

That bass is one of the FM engines of the Mutable Instruments Braids module. You're probably thinking Sega due to their use of FM sound chips in the MegaDrive(?). Thanks for listening!

• 9 months later...

man i've been sleeping on a lot of this stuff, proposition 5 is amazing. I don't mean to deduce it to genres but its probably the best fusion ive ever heard of sort of 70s electronic music stuff + modern glitch. really great

Archived