01. Sundew

02. Yellowhammer

03. Northern Flicker

04. Cloverpatch

05. Nadir

06. Guadalupe

07. Path Too Deep

Cover Art by Justin Bergstrom http://www.behance.net/patternoverlap

Free download. If there are any songs that hurt your ears or are too quiet on your soundsystems let me know. Also, my previous album is up for free now as well.

My father had his leg amputated from the knee down due to diabetes complications last month.

Not to rain on your parade or anything lol!

I'm going to enjoy the SHIT out of this album just like the rest of yours! =)

I'm sorry to hear that :( We should be doing more to promote the seriousness of the inherent dangers of our overconsumption of fruitose and glucose products. 8.3% of the United States poulation have diabetes, 6.3% of Canadians and 12% of Mexicans. With the epidemic of affordable healthy choices being eliminated due to their high prices and low supply, as well as decreased time being allocated to physical activity, these numbers are only growning and ignorance of the issue is only hindering the health of many North Americans and Europeans. Hopefully we can bring to people's attention to looking inward at their own lifestyle choices and not have a life of insulin dependence.

I eat lots of junk food so I am just as guilty as anyone.

I'm sorry to hear that :( We should be doing more to promote the seriousness of the inherent dangers of our overconsumption of fruitose and glucose products. 8.3% of the United States poulation have diabetes, 6.3% of Canadians and 12% of Mexicans. With the epidemic of affordable healthy choices being eliminated due to their high prices and low supply, as well as decreased time being allocated to physical activity, these numbers are only growning and ignorance of the issue is only hindering the health of many North Americans and Europeans. Hopefully we can bring to people's attention to looking inward at their own lifestyle choices and not have a life of insulin dependence.

I eat lots of junk food so I am just as guilty as anyone.

You're absolutely right! Problem is, they sneak high fructose corn syrup and other forms of sugar into everything these days. Even a cup, 250 ml, of milk (2%, regular milk!) has 15-20g of sugar in it! It's insane!

And the food guides recommendation for carbohydrate consumption is incredibly off base.

Anyways, don't want to de-rail your thread man!

=)

everyone should get this and check it out. your last album was great and it took several listens for it to really seep in, until eventually there were several tracks that seemed familiar and like they make perfect sense and are exactly as they should be. for me it was just like a good AE album, where at first i don't quite 'get it' but then eventually i don't get what i didn't get about it earlier. it's deep and there's actually a lot of variety on that one (heron).

and as always, pattern's artwork is fantastic with this new one. i think it suited the heron turns black album perfectly. you and he both deserve more attention with the stuff you guys do. it's fucking fantastic work. i don't know when i'll get time to check this one out, but i know it will be good. i'll have to check out the crow EP too. serious, anyone who wants to hear some deep shit check this out!

everyone should get this and check it out. your last album was great and it took several listens for it to really seep in, until eventually there were several tracks that seemed familiar and like they make perfect sense and are exactly as they should be. for me it was just like a good AE album, where at first i don't quite 'get it' but then eventually i don't get what i didn't get about it earlier. it's deep and there's actually a lot of variety on that one (heron).

and as always, pattern's artwork is fantastic with this new one. i think it suited the heron turns black album perfectly. you and he both deserve more attention with the stuff you guys do. it's fucking fantastic work. i don't know when i'll get time to check this one out, but i know it will be good. i'll have to check out the crow EP too. serious, anyone who wants to hear some deep shit check this out!

seconded!

Alright! I've given this a listen and wow!

I loved your last release but this is a step forward from that, in my humble opinion!

On first listen my favorites are the title track, and Yellowhammer. I really appreciate how you've interwoven these melodies with these weird warped (sounds like reversed samples sometimes) percussive elements. It's a really unique approach. Now that I think about it I've heard OOO use a similar technique in their album "Upon Cycles" but think your use is a little more eloquent, more polished and deliberate. I also like that there were a lot of progressive elements to this too (IE it's music.. not trying to hard to be some super abstract IDMism).

What really gets me are the melodies though. Amazing! They definitely take me somewhere.

Nadir: if the melodies were slightly more dense (maybe another layer in there pitching up and down subtly with some flange or something), this track wouldn't have sounded out of place on the most recent BoC album. I like the crunchy beats.

You're on my watchlist now mr entorwellian! ;)

Edit: only technical feedback (take it or leave it! I'm not nearly as talented as you so my feedback is kinda meaningless lol) is in regards to the mastering of the mid-high end on cloverpatch. Beautiful song don't get me wrong! But point your attention to 2:20-2:28 (as an example). I found this section suddenly harsh on the mid-high end and I had to turn it down despite it being at regular volume. This happens intermittently in the song (sounds like a really loud sine wave, like a tuning fork right beside my ear).

I hope I haven't offended you with that little tidbit!

Alright! I've given this a listen and wow!

I loved your last release but this is a step forward from that, in my humble opinion!

On first listen my favorites are the title track, and Yellowhammer. I really appreciate how you've interwoven these melodies with these weird warped (sounds like reversed samples sometimes) percussive elements. It's a really unique approach. Now that I think about it I've heard OOO use a similar technique in their album "Upon Cycles" but think your use is a little more eloquent, more polished and deliberate. I also like that there were a lot of progressive elements to this too (IE it's music.. not trying to hard to be some super abstract IDMism).

What really gets me are the melodies though. Amazing! They definitely take me somewhere.

Nadir: if the melodies were slightly more dense (maybe another layer in there pitching up and down subtly with some flange or something), this track wouldn't have sounded out of place on the most recent BoC album. I like the crunchy beats.

You're on my watchlist now mr entorwellian! ;)

Edit: only technical feedback (take it or leave it! I'm not nearly as talented as you so my feedback is kinda meaningless lol) is in regards to the mastering of the mid-high end on cloverpatch. Beautiful song don't get me wrong! But point your attention to 2:20-2:28 (as an example). I found this section suddenly harsh on the mid-high end and I had to turn it down despite it being at regular volume. This happens intermittently in the song (sounds like a really loud sine wave, like a tuning fork right beside my ear).

I hope I haven't offended you with that little tidbit!

Nono thanks for letting me know. I'll go in there and check it out to see if a frequency cut is in order.

It could even just be my ears, maybe I'm oversensitive to that range.

All that aside, awesome work man I'm really excited for you and to see what comes next! In the meantime, going to enjoy this awesome release! cheers

Guest ebbandflourish

Excellent work. I especially enjoy all the spread out, resonant, blippy sound effects. There is a refreshing organic flow to a good number of the tracks as well.

Thank you very much! I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

I also did some minor volume cuts to Cloverpatch so that they won't resonate so much on your sound system, StephenG. It'll be re-uploaded sometime next week. The "harp" part was most likely the cultprit, so thank you for letting me know! :)

Also no disrespect to anyone inflicted with diabetes, but I think the tag should stick. It's an important issue to bring to the forefront of any medium.

I also did some minor volume cuts to Cloverpatch so that they won't resonate so much on your sound system, StephenG. It'll be re-uploaded sometime next week. The "harp" part was most likely the cultprit, so thank you for letting me know! :)

No problem sir! =)

Also no disrespect to anyone inflicted with diabetes, but I think the tag should stick. It's an important issue to bring to the forefront of any medium.

Absolutely. I imagine over the next several decades (given trends in nutrition, mass food production and its ingredients, etc) it will become an increasingly serious issue. It's already serious at a 10/10 level but with all the crap they put in mass produced food it will probably be an epidemic before lawmakers get in gear... =/

• 11 months later...

so it took me almost a year to really give my solid attention to this release. wow, time flew pretty fast. i downloaded it, filed it away on my HD, and forgot about it for a while. i had listened on bandcamp once or twice. but just now listened over my proper speakers/monitors (a couple times in a row). anyway i always meant to give it a proper listen and post my thoughts in the thread, so here goes-

this release is pretty amazing, man. the first track, its like i dont know how many tracks in one, and the way it changes between the different sounds, its pretty subtle so its like youre listening to this entirely other thing without even realizing it changed, because it stays related enough and transitions so smoothly that it's not jarring. lots of the melodic elements are very dreamy, kind of ambient with a very floaty aspect to the sound, like either the sounds are floating around you or you are floating among them. i could be hearing wrong but it sounds like there are some really nice pitch modulation type things going on to give lots of the sounds a kind perpetual slowing down type of feeling, in some parts (title track especially). it makes me imagine being shot by a tranq dart while im running from something, and descending into some crazy bizarre, mental rabbit hole, alice in wonderland type fantasy world.

there are so many little details in almost every handful of seconds that go by. but not in an overwhelming way. the transition between tracks is also flawless, so its like even from one track to the next they just flow into each other. easily some of the best (or at least, among my own personal favorite) stuff i've heard from watmm since i've been here.

no ent did not set me up to this post or pay me $50, i just think its really impressive how much effort and layers of sound is/are cram packed into these tracks and how they still come across as very musical, cohesive and awesome.

wow, track 5 would maybe be great in a film soundtrack at a really fucked up scene..

Archived