IGNORED

Gargattarax Llany - is it him?

Rubin Farr

I've seen these vids pop up here in the subforum refently, and I'm leaning toward "quite possibly" being Richard. Yes, I still think he's involved with the EDM A2/B2 releases and the Jidomatix moniker, this even furthers my point as both YouTube channels have similarly produced videos with found footage. I'm sure opinions will differ, but still great tracks!

posted today.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I suspect JK, but some tracks on this channel sound pretty amateurish in songwriting (Fluskings for example, pretty boring overall). The only track which completely stands out in production and Aphex writing quality is "Rubbing the wrong way", which is fucking amazing. That is the only track I can see being from Aphex. This new track also doesn't meet that standard imo.

Besides all that I think posting obscure yt videos with mediocre tracks and copyrighted footage isn't exactly what Aphex would do.

FUcking hell this is awesome

i don't even give a fk if its aphex or not i love it (mainly Rubbing one off the wrong way)

voice samples in punch drummer are totally tuss-esque

also you guys lets consider the possibility that aphex maybe like dumbed down the tracks to make it not so obvious that its him

not that i think theyre dumbed down they're fkn lush, but some are saying theyre boring. possibility

Exactly, a lot of these are obviously throw away tracks, most less than 3 minutes. Think about it, a legendary musician would not post his most brain melting tracks for free on tubes. Richard has always been a pragmatist, and keeps his dopest tracks for releases, bc he should be paid for those. I think YouTube gives him an anonymous outlet to release music to fans he knows want to hear it.

I agree on the vocal processing, which since the Tuss has become a staple of his. Also several of those tracks use a familiar sounding drum kit ala the later Analords. As for the vids, Richard has always been in total control of his image, doing his own amateur photography on albums, so why not amateur video editing? Makes sense to me.

ps - the Llany name is reminiscent of Llannerlog Studios, coincidence?

Jidomatix and EDM are openly Jodey Kendrick. This isn't approved as such yet. Someone threw the first video in EDM thread and he (or his spouse, it's unclear) reacted like it's not his track.

It needs to be mentioned that initial channel's username was O Long Johnson, after a fucking cat meme, so i wouldn't be so hyped up about cool name. One thing i'm sure is that this guy must be British or Scandinavian mid-age. I mean, Eddie The Eagle footage?

Imo, the channel sounds like someone studying Aphex/tuss tracks. Great effort though. And the videos help a lot. The only thing which got me wondering is those videos. It's one thing to write tuss-like tracks, but another to edit some video to it. There's too much experience in those videos, imo. Not in a big way. It's a bit subtle, in the sense that it doesn't feel as amateuristic like i'd expect from some amateur. The match between music and video is just too good. So I don't think this is just some anonymous bedroom braindance junky either.

Well first off

I think RDJ eschews a top-dog mentality in music and the whole idea of musical skill hierarchies in general. Maybe I'm completely off here

Regardless. I think if he uploaded these videos it wouldn't be for the fans, but more for his friends and for the lols. For this reason I think he'd add some comedic moments in there and a bit of irony

He does so in Punch Dummer with the description and video theme of an underdog fish thing, "small fry", not being able to get into the "big fry" bar. The irony is that he's pretending to be some "small fry" youtube producer but in reality he's a top dog

lol

Guest dylanmcknd

no it's not.

and some account on here that some people thought was jodey kendricks wife said that fluskings wasn't by him. Who knows about that, doesn't seem like jodey kendrick or afx to me though.

The production chops are pretty good. Could be RDJ on a bad day, when he decides to abandon a track before he's 30% done with the polishing.

However, the music is mostly meandering and aimless, with busy but unconvincing drums and bass lines trying to compensate for the lack of a genuine idea. It's obviously not RDJ, who mercilessly sticks to the point and executes the tracks with highly sophisticated rhythms, harmonics and structures, busy or not.

Punch Drummer is amazing

i would not be surprised at all if it was aphex

I don't think its RDJ.

It's basically a pretty straightforward 707 track and a couple synths.

I think if it was RDJ, he'd switch it up a bit more.

Punch Drummer is amazing

i would not be surprised at all if it was aphex

I don't think its RDJ.

It's basically a pretty straightforward 707 track and a couple synths.

I think if it was RDJ, he'd switch it up a bit more.

same could be said of a lot of old stuff

but okay nvm i dont think this is aphex anymore what was i thinking

the voice samples are obviously not him

Archived